Thread: Incompatible = ADM Delta + Nightforce

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Incompatible = ADM Delta + Nightforce

If you are thinking about mounting a Nightforce 2.5-10x42 in an ADM Delta mount you will find a frustrating surprise. Ring spacing is too wide by ~ 1/4". Time to find a new mount for a Scar 17 and Nightforce optic.

Unfortunately duct tape doesn't seem like a prudent or viable remedy. Slightly frustrating since ADM likes to market the Delta towards the Scar platform and Nightforce is one of the few viable scopes that holds up to the recoil harmonics.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Why not go with Nightforce rings? You don't need a single-base mount with the SCAR, and you can reverse them so that the nuts are on the side opposite of the charging handle. They should be a lot stronger than any QD lever.

ETA: I have the NF rings for a 2.5-10x32 NXS on the SCAR and have also used the KAC 30mm one-piece mount. You might also consider the Geissele Super Precision mount if you insist on a one a one-piece design.
    Last edited by kwilkin; 07-20-17 at 21:31.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WTB:
    Wilcox JPoint mount for Nightforce Recon (P/N 30500G01)
    Wilcox EOTech riser kit in TAN

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll check out the NF rings. I had the delta mount already so not end of the world but wanted to try to help out others that might buy both online and run into the same problem.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nightforce Unimounts are second to none.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotTheNSA View Post
    I'll check out the NF rings. I had the delta mount already so not end of the world but wanted to try to help out others that might buy both online and run into the same problem.
    Makes sense and good luck with your search.

I share your surprise of the incompatibility given the cited marketing of the Delta toward the SCAR. You might need to step up to the larger-magnification form factor to use the Delta mount.

Note that the NF Unimount (which is awesome) will have some built-in cant and isn't reversible in the same way rings are. This may matter to depending on which side you have your charging handle. You will also want to go with at least 1.375" high rings, though you might consider the 1.5"; mine are the former.

My apologies in advance if you're already aware of all of this.

Since we all like pics, here are some reference pics with mount and NF combos (note that I have not seen a 2.5-10x42 show up in any pics---doesn't mean they aren't out there):

KAC 30mm one-piece with NF 3.5-15:

NF 1.375 rings with a 2.5-10x24:

ADM Delta with NF 3.5-15:

NF 2.5-10x32 with NF rings:

Last edited by kwilkin; 07-21-17 at 07:12.