Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Linkin Park's Chester Bennington commits suicide!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm woefully ignorant on mental illness and depression, but I feel like everytime someone kills themselves they become martyrs and are collectively put on a pedestal. We talk about how great they were and how special and how missed they are.

Doesn't this maybe give weak/depressed people a false sense of worth or in their eyes a way to be the center of attention. I look at it as a shelfish thing to do, a pathetic action for cowards who can't face their problems. Even more disgusting if you do it and leave peopld behind, especially kids.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Should have considered those 6 kids perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Yep, don't know anything about the guy, but many in his profession lead a pretty hedonistic lifestyle with not much thought beyond their needs and wants.

Just goes to show, depression doesn't care about your family or how much money you have, in the end (no pun intended) we are all still human... I don't condone what he did for one second, suicide is NOT the answer.
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 07-21-17 at 16:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    If only money solved mental illness we would never have a suicide or mass shooting again. Unfortunately it's far more complicated than your post makes it out to be.
    This.

I suppose I don't know, but I always assumed there were 2 reasons for suicide:
    1. mental illness, or
    2: extreme real depression (loss of a child, something that most people could relate to "in the moment".)

Feedback Score
    I was sorry to hear this news. Usually don't care about what's going on in the celeb world, but I was a huge fan of Linkin Park in high school and early adulthood. Still listen to their early albums to this day, actually.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not really surprised, all I ever got from their music was "poor me, mommy doesn't like me, need to cut myself..." Linkin Park and Nickelback were probably the 2 most depressing bands around 2000. I amazed he lasted this long, and was able to breed 6 times.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    First the theory that Chris Cornell was murdered due to wanting to come forth with knowledge of a pedo ring now this . . .

Chester Bennington possible John Podesta lovechild . . .

Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-27-17 at 06:07.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123