Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oops LGS made a mistake.

Feedback Score

Oops LGS made a mistake.

While looking in the Sig case, I looked close at the used P226 that caught my eye. I asked to see it and noticed the W. German roll mark. The proprietor of the shop said, I can go down to $510. How could I refuse that deal. When he took a second look at the gun he said, that's a 9mm. I was thinking uh oh, but he honored his price, after he said I thought it was a 40SW. There no box and just one magazine, but I think it was a heck of a deal. It's a KC date code 1992.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Always wanted a W. German made 226. Had a 2011 built 226R all made in New Hampshire that was a complete lemon. Constant FTFs and FTEs, rattled like a tin can, decocker scraped the frame to shit, fit and finish were just poor and I didn't trust it. Ended up dumping it and picking up a Glock 19. Really left a bad taste in my mouth but I've heard nothing but great things about the old German made models. If I found a deal like this I'd jump on it as well. Nice find.

Feedback Score
    That's the most negitive experience I've heard for a modern Sig. Most claim the new one are superior to the originals with stamped slides.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sechott View Post
    That's the most negitive experience I've heard for a modern Sig. Most claim the new one are superior to the originals with stamped slides.
    In some aspects yes

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Great pistol at a great price. I bought a 1991 P226 9mm CPO from Bud's 8 years ago for $568. What a surprise to get a LNIB West German P226.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a W. German 226 and 220. Both were police guns at one point

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sechott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    In some aspects yes
    How so? Debating getting a Legion P226... and I already have a stamped P220 I'm extremely happy with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    How so? Debating getting a Legion P226... and I already have a stamped P220 I'm extremely happy with.
    The older ones don't handle high pressure rounds, that's why they changed from stamped slides. Finish is so-so....comes off easy. Roll pins need to be watched and changed out if you shoot it a lot. Reliability wise they're fine

Last edited by Arik; 07-21-17 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    If you get a Legion and you want any of the "cool kids club" stuff then make sure you buy new.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Excellent purchase OP. You did well!

I have a 1988 West German P226 with 20k rounds through it. It's a workhorse, it gets shot and carried more than any of my other pistols, and it's more accurate than any of them. The only mods I've done is add Trijicon HD sights, short reset trigger kit, and I updated the hammer strut and mainspring seat to the newer style which allows me use a Wolff 18-pound mainspring instead of the 24-pound factory one. Combined with my homebrew version of SIG's action enhancement package it gives me a lighter and buttery-smooth double-action pull.

It's important that the breech block roll pins are replaced every 5,000 rounds or you risk cracking the frame rails. Because this is a West German SIG with unknown history, it would be wise to order a P226 parts kit and start with all new springs and breech block pins in the gun for cheap insurance: http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-p226-9mm-parts-kit.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast