Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oops LGS made a mistake.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a 2008 226R beavertail grip and it is the most accurate gun in my arsenal

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Excellent purchase OP. You did well!

I have a 1988 West German P226 with 20k rounds through it. It's a workhorse, it gets shot and carried more than any of my other pistols, and it's more accurate than any of them. The only mods I've done is add Trijicon HD sights, short reset trigger kit, and I updated the hammer strut and mainspring seat to the newer style which allows me use a Wolff 18-pound mainspring instead of the 24-pound factory one. Combined with my homebrew version of SIG's action enhancement package it gives me a lighter and buttery-smooth double-action pull.

It's important that the breech block roll pins are replaced every 5,000 rounds or you risk cracking the frame rails. Because this is a West German SIG with unknown history, it would be wise to order a P226 parts kit and start with all new springs and breech block pins in the gun for cheap insurance: http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-p226-9mm-parts-kit.html
    Thanks for the information to help take of the Sig.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP, Congrats!! Nice score.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Have had a west german 226 for 6 years. Just found a west german 228 at a gun show, mint with box, manual, test target, for a good price. Been looking for years for one in nice condition for a fair price. Also have a german stamped 220 duo tone. I'm a CZ guy first, but always on the lookout for older german and west german sigs.... among other things

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bulldozer3; 07-22-17 at 12:10.

Feedback Score
    you dont want one older than 1988. That wst the first year they beefed up the frame rails.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    you dont want one older than 1988. That wst the first year they beefed up the frame rails.
    No they didn't beef up the rails. You're thinking of the mud scallops SIG incorporated on the P226 in 1986 (maybe '87?) which they ditched after a short time. So a P226 before or after the year of the mud scallops will be fine. Hard to find a P226 that old. I see more Browning BDAs than I do P226s older than '88.

Feedback Score
    Great find! I carried one of those on patrol for years starting back in 1989. Had that and a 1991, P220. In a fit of stupidity, I traded my 226 for a 229 in .357 when my PD authorized the caliber.

Should have just bought the 229 outright instead of trading. My God I miss that old 226. It kept me safe for several years from things that went bump in the night. In all my years, that's the one I wish I never would have let get away.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12