Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBM4 questions

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

SBM4 questions

I built a 10.5 pistol and running a foam on a BCM pistol tube.

I am made a change to my simple pistol...

ALG blem 10" rail

my additional wants...
    Lightweight red dot
    SBM4 stock

it appears the SBM4 stock will work with my BCM 1.2" pistol tube.

I hope to find a clean used one to save a few dollars.

before I make this jump....I want to make sure I know all the quirks with it.

Any cons that you are aware about?

is there a prefer spacer just in case a stuck case impact to the back of the tube/stock is required?

thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you taken a look at the Shockwave blade ?? You can get a tube with detents and blade New for about half the price of the SBM4.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Op, I've got one of the sb15 braces you can have for real cheap if your interested.

As for quirks the only thing I really noticed was that the brace would squirm a bit on the tube but a few coats of hair spray prior to install took care of it. But you could still break the bond lose if needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I was leaning toward the Sig Brace due to it would work with my tube and the ATF letter.

JPM.....PM sent.

thanks

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Lanbos sells the SB Tactical stuff for relatively cheap FYI.

In general, the SB Tac stuff is more comfortable to shoot vice the Shockwave. I have used the SB15, SBX, and 2 models on the MP5Ks. The AR PCC pistol I am building will sport the SOB.

SBM4 8.4oz
    SBV 11.1oz
    SBX-K 7.4oz
    SOB 7.1oz

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If your BCM tube is as thick as my Phase 5 tube then the SBM4 shouldn't move, you'll have to find a way to get it on because it fits so tight.

Mine came in the mail on a 98-100 deg day so it had been nice and soft from sitting in the mail box. As soon as i felt how hot it was I slipped it over my tube and aligned it before it cooled down.

I have mine set a few inches back from the end plate with no spacer and it hasn't budged while shooting or sitting in the safe. Because it's made of rubber you can kind of see where the tube is in the butt stock because it's a little wider now on the outside of the stock, still doesn't interfere with the charging handle.

IMHO the SBM4 looks the best, not fat and bulky like the other SB braces and if it "accidentally" hits your shoulder while firing it's comfortable. I've read the the shockwave digs into your collarbone?

Also the end of the SBM4 is open, so a spacer would fall out.

IMG_8705 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    Last edited by hdrolling; 07-21-17 at 08:22.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Great info. I have really long arms (38") and figure I might have to space it back a touch, but will try it first without. I never looked at weight but its not that heavy. I agree the SBM4 is the best looking.

thanks, I appreciate the info.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    KAK makes pistol brace spacers that can push the SBM4 back. You can find lots of creative ways to keep the brace still if you search (i.e. tape).

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I prefer the Sig Brace to the Shockwave Blade. I find it more comfortable to use. I have SOB version. I'd like a little more LOP, so I plan to replace the standard pistol RE with a VLTOR A5 pistol RE
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I have a BCM pistol and installed the SBM4 brace and have had no issues through my range sessions and traveling... I have not noticed any movement whatsoever as of yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast