Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCS Phantom phase out

Feedback Score

RCS Phantom phase out

I came across some crazy sales of the phantom holster and it appears they are due to the model being phased out. Anything know about this or have any idea about what will replace it?

Feedback Score
    I don't know what they're being replaced with, but $50 is a good price for a Phantom. Availability of the sale items seems to be limited to only a few gun models though. I paid $49 for my first Phantoms, then a few years later the price went to something like $69 & I paid it. Phantoms are great holsters. I have four of them & they're my favorite way to carry, but there's no way in hell I'll pay $95 for one.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I haven't seen anything on the new products, but it is probably coming this fall. Here is something RCS had to say about the sale and new products a month ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Concealment Systems
    Yeah, there are new products coming this fall, but if we waited until the new product dropped to clear out legacy lines, we'd have to pretty much give the damn things away. So the decision was made to start now, which meant we could capitalize on the boring summer slump the industry usually experiences.

It feels weird to be discontinuing the product that the company built its legacy on, but the fact we are doing just that ought to be some indication of how excited we are by what is yet to come.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score

RCS Phantom phase out

Tried to get one for the 320 awhile back...only a few models left.

Got an email the other day about part 2 of the sale but nothing new on the site

While I like the one I have for my G19 I agree there's no way I'm dropping 100$ on it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by boombotz401; 07-21-17 at 11:32.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I bought 6 Phantoms when I got their first email 2 weeks ago. I emailed Raven when I got that first Phantom clearance email. Raven told me that they are discontinuing the Phantom and have something awesome coming out in August.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I remember buying a Phantom LC for my Glock 34 in 2010. It took something almost 4 months to get. I took a blow dryer for 30 seconds and it fits my P10C like a glove. Still my daily carry rig.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    well thanks OP. I was just sitting down last night looking at my CC thinking "man, I've got a problem, I need to stop."
    Now i've got a Phantom LC for a Glock coming in.....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Maybe they'll make a holster that doesn't put the grip of my pistol in my armpit.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Maybe they'll make a holster that doesn't put the grip of my pistol in my armpit.
    wow, you feel like it sits that high up for you?
    I've mostly been carrying my Raven Phantom for a Glock 17 with their IWB this summer. Makes my Glocks disappear under a button up shirt. Height feels normal to me compared to Kramer, Desantis, Bravo Concealments, Trex Arms, Galco etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    This is my complaint about the Phantom too. My JM Custom sits much lower and better for me. The Phantom is still a very good option for hard use. Should be interesting to see what they come up with next.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast