Thread: Lighter weight SBR

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lighter weight SBR

I wanted something lighter to lug around so I decided to revamp my main go-to SBR which consisted of a Noveske factory built MK18 upper. The lower is pretty much the same with some minor changes which I will mention. I built the new upper from all new components.

Upper receiver: Aero Precision (I did not want a forward assist)
    Barrel: BA Hanson Premium 223 Wylde 10.3" .625 gas block
    Rail: Bootleg Inc 9" (Picmod rail is convenient but you cannot mount a pic accessory that requires two consecutive rail slots)
    BCG: Brownells milspec with BCM spring and o-ring (Randomly failed to extract with just the spring. Added o-ring and will test again)
    BUIS: Magpul MBUS Pro
    RDS w/ Mount: T2 and Scalarworks LDM110 (Best combo; zero issues to date)
    CH: Radian Raptor
    Muzzle: Surefire Warcomp CTN (Does a good job taming flash and some recoil)
    Light: "Scout" lego (Surefire cap and switch, IWC body, Surefire M300 Scout head, Arisaka offset mount) (waiting on new Malkoff E1T to arrive.. had to send back bad unit)
    Optic: Aimpoint 3XMag-1 on an Aimpoint FTS/Twist mount (not shown..waiting on magnifier to arrive)

Lower: Noveske Gen 1 (Form 1)
    LPK: milspec stuff
    Grip: BCM
    Trigger: Larue MBT (avg 4# 3oz) ** new addition Previously used a Geissele SD-C
    Buffer tube: BCM
    Stock: BCM Mod 0 Sopmod (Prefer the cheekweld over standard Mod 0) ** new addition Previously used a Mod 0
    Buffer: Geissele Super 42 with H2 buffer (rifle cycles fine and locks back on last round; for the brass chasers, brass is flying 3:30-4ish)
    Selector: Radian Talon ambi (super easy to install and I like the detent system; no issues) ** new addition Previously used Damage Industries ambi

As configured without the magnifier and mount, the rifle is about 6.3# (no magazine)

I'm going to hit the range again to see if the o-ring will fix the extraction issue.

Here she is in all her glory..

Last edited by 021411; 07-21-17 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks good, please update after you put some rounds through that barrel. I had been looking at that one and the heavier .750 gas block version.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Put the o-ring on the extractor spring and went to the outdoor range to zero in the build this afternoon. Yesterday's outing was just a shake down to make sure things were working which it wasn't (extraction).
    During the zero'ing process (50 yard zero) I managed to squeeze out the groups below. I'm not a skilled precision shooter but I'll take those groups any day shooting off of a foam block and aiming at small 3" black circles. The barrel is way better than I am.

Aimpoint T2

Irons (Don't mind those other holes. Not mine. I slapped some cover stickies on the shoot n see that were already posted.)

The rifle ran like a top as well. I had zero issues. From both days combined, the new build has seen about 360 rounds.

Edited to add:

I switched back to an H1 buffer. Yes, I shoot shit ammo from time to time because it's cheap. Tula would not lock back on last round with the H2. H1 did the trick.. I'm going to stick with H1 since I shoot various ammo. Brass/steel flies out around 3-3:30 now.
    Last edited by 021411; 07-23-17 at 00:12.