Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High praise for the LCRx 3" adjustable sights .38 +p...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

High praise for the LCRx 3" adjustable sights .38 +p...

I've had this gun for a while now. I shot it again just the other day.

MAN!! I LOVE THIS THING!!

It only weights a pound. The grip is incredibly well designed and actually has different density (softer) at the web of your hand high on the rear of the grip. It's a full grip with all of my finger on it and no finger grooves that may or may not fit you. I have let several people shoot it and all come away very impressed. The trigger is the best FACTORY standard production trigger on a revolver that I have experienced. I can actually get controlled pairs (not so much with other ultralight revolvers for me).

It is the ONLY ultralight revolver that I have ever been like, yeah, let's shoot it some more, that wasn't bad.

I love that because it is a DA revolver and weights only a pound, when my wife spontaneously ask me to go for walk around the neighborhood I can just put it in a pocket and not worry about it as much as I would a pistol (I am looking for a good belt holster though).

A GREAT GUN!!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have the snubby that lives in the truck... looking forward to picking one of these up in the future.

Feedback Score
    Glad you like it. I have a couple LCR .357's. I've had .38's as well.

For practice get some PPU LRN or just some 125 gr LWC or LSWC reloads. You can shoot that stuff all day. (Georgia Arms)

I thought all factory LRN would be loaded the same; light. But Geco LRN feels more like a full power .38 and PPU stuff has much lighter recoil.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HOLY COW!! I just shot it again today.

My buddy in New Mexico has been thinking about getting one for mountain lion defense as a backup for when he is bow hunting. So, being intrigued by that, I went and tracked down some Buffalo Bore .38 +P 158gr and tried it today. It is NOT what I would use in Alaska. I was merely curious what the recoil would be like.

WELL, this gun is SO AWESOME!! Remember I mentioned the grip is very well designed and has a softer squishier part for the web of your hand? Well, it WORKS!! The recoil was not bad, my hand is not sore at all (fired the whole box, rapidly and am now typing 20 minutes later). This would not be true of another brand or an exposed backstrap grip (been there done that).

FANTASTIC!!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review. I was considering this for a gal friend of my wife's. I'll be sure to rent that one at the range for her to try out.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    congrats on your revolver. I also have been looking at the 3" LCR but am thinking i'd like to have one in 22lr...a modern version of a "kit gun"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I am looking for a good belt holster though
    Not sure if you're looking for OWB or IWB, but for the latter I have a JM Custom Kydex with a 1.5" belt clip. The LCR is small already so concealing it isn't an issue. If need a pocket holster, the CSM Gear J Frame pocket holster is great, meant for J-Frames, but my LCR fits like a glove.

JM Custom Kydex
    http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB.html

CSM Gear
    http://csmgear.com/j-frame-pocket-hoster/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BUT WAIT!!, THERE'S MORE!!!

So I ordered a set of the smaller/shorter hogue tamer grips. They have a a finger groove and palm swells, and most importantly the still have that soft cushy spot for the web of your hand.

AWESOME!! They are significantly smaller and easier to conceal and they feel great in the hand. The palm swells are nice and the finger groove is just 1 and a half-ish so it should fit a large variety of people. Normally I do not care for finger grooves as they usually do not fit me. This design is well thought out to fit a large variety of people. Like I said, it is just one and a half-ish grooves. You do end up with your pinky technically under the grip but it actually feels good. I can;t explain that you just have to try it.

Now I need to go buy some 158 +p again (think I'll try Underwood in stead of buffalo bore if I can get it locally this time) adn go shoot and see how the grip works for me under recoil.

TED

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the review, have to check out one of these LCR's someday. I do like the pinned front-sight.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Good review but we need pics.

Sounds like a slick little gun I’ll have to sheclnit out. I like adjustable sights too that’s a plus. I also was thinking of a 22 for plinking but the 38 sounds pretty interesting too. I imagine it’s a real bear in 357 magnum!

Congrats sounds like you found the perfect pocket pistol .

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast