Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ-75 pre B...

Feedback Score

CZ-75 pre B...

anyone have a CZ-75 pre B? i am getting into the CZ market and was wondering what people thought of the older Pre B models.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one a '91 converted to SAO by Angus Hobdell about 12 years ago. Many rounds downrange with zero issues other than spring replacement and a worn sear. Magazine compatibility is the only thing to watch out for as "B" models have a slightly different opening for the magazine. Sometimes new CZ Mags will fit, sometimes not. Recently I bought two new MecGar mags; one fit the other didn't.

Feedback Score
    I have one a '91 converted to SAO by Angus Hobdell about 12 years ago. Many rounds downrange with zero issues other than spring replacement and a worn sear. Magazine compatibility is the only thing to watch out for as "B" models have a slightly different opening for the magazine. Sometimes new CZ Mags will fit, sometimes not. Recently I bought two new MecGar mags; one fit the other didn't.
    thanks for the reply. i am looking for one that is 1985 or earlier with the plastic waffle grips. they have a nice retro look. what kind of finish is on your "91"? is it a polycoat?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, polycoat, very worn polycoat from the kydex holster. But I'll say given the use I've put on it the finish has worn well.

Feedback Score
    did you get one of those Israeli police trade-ins?....or was it one of those AAL imports? you get a better trigger pull with the SAO?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PreBs are great. Usually smooth excellent in DA, but variable creepy SA pulls. Dead on reliability and accuracy. Lousy nail polish finish. Oooops, I insulted nail polish. (If you find a blued or parked model in good shape its gold). If you detail strip, be VERY careful not to lose the detent. They don't exist anymore. Mags can be a pain to find (magwell is smaller than Bs). Some file the rear of the magwell. That can be iffy.

Other than these few items modern parts can be used.

The ergonomics and shoot ability are excellent, but mag release reach is a little long, and slide release can be a bit short. Sights are small and a bit hard to see for old folks. They can be milled out but the rear is touchy because there's not much clearance for the firing pin. But the looks are great and you gotalove the oval not round trigger guard.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-25-17 at 11:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    PreBs are great. Usually smooth excellent in DA, but variable creepy SA pulls. Dead on reliability and accuracy. Lousy nail polish finish. Oooops, I insulted nail polish. (If you find a blued or parked model in good shape its gold). If you detail strip, be VERY careful not to lose the detent. They don't exist anymore. Mags can be a pain to find (magwell is smaller than Bs).
    It is as you were posting the personal story of my CZ, it ate and spit everything I fed it but the finish chipped off life a Monday morning paint job from Earl Scheib.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10MMGary View Post
    It is as you were posting the personal story of my CZ, it ate and spit everything I fed it but the finish chipped off life a Monday morning paint job from Earl Scheib.
    Roger. Most came in enamel and really were terrible. The other thing, there were various machining marks all over the inside - unlike modern CZs. I eventually Gunkoted mine and it is a beaut. I think I MAY have had a failure to go into battery on the first round once, but was solved with a mere tap of the palm. They are worth refinishing. Mine has some sentimental value, as the year on mine is that same year my tank battalion instituted C-ATK plans that led into Czechoslovakia. Kind of ironic. Iconic guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skipbo32 View Post
    did you get one of those Israeli police trade-ins?....or was it one of those AAL imports? you get a better trigger pull with the SAO?
    I bought it at a gunshow, more of a private sale. No import marks. The trigger pull as a SAO is awesome but competition only. After I got it I started putting heavier and heavier mainsprings in it to heavy up the trigger pull. Reset with the CZ custom adjustable SAO trigger is super short. Accuracy is still good after 20,000 or more rounds, it feeds anything.

Feedback Score
    The best of all worlds is finding a transitional Pre-B from the mid 90's. They lack the firing pin block, use 75B magazines, easily replaceable sights, and new style safety and slide stop. It is basically a poor man's Shadow. I took a Israeli Surplus transitional model and turned it into a sleeper competition gun:

95' Transitional Pre-B converted to SAO:

And, then my 1984 Pre-B:
    Last edited by bigmatt; 08-03-17 at 22:25.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast