Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ-75 pre B...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Great, thanks
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    So what do we call the 75 with the round trigger guard but standard frame rails, as opposed to the original with the short frame rails?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Both are PreB. One is a short rail PreB and sometimes called First Model.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK27RPu8Gtc

If memory is serving me, over 10 years ago you could pick up a short rail for a decent price a bit above the other PreBs. Now they are pretty high, and considered collectible.
    Last edited by m4brian; 08-10-17 at 14:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Both are PreB. One is a short rail PreB and sometimes called First Model.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK27RPu8Gtc

If memory is serving me, over 10 years ago you could pick up a short rail for a decent price a bit above the other PreBs. Now they are pretty high, and considered collectible.
    So "original" (short rails), "Pre-b" (round trigger guard) and "Pre-b transitional" (square guard).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    So "original" (short rails), "Pre-b" (round trigger guard) and "Pre-b transitional" (square guard).

Basically yes. Most guys just say "Short Rail" for the first model/original. Then you already know it has a round/oval TG and it is a PreB.

Transitionals generally come with PreB slide stop and safety, but some MAY have B model hardware. Mine is a smoooooth 9mm. The SA was good from the start - nice crisp break. The DA was horrible, but with work, it is like greased glass.

Most PreBs have VERY smooth DA triggers.

Feedback Score
    What is the consensus on best mode of carry for the Pre-B models? Cocked & Locked or hammer down DA? Is one inherently more safe than the other?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Not being a jerk, but find me one, I'd probably buy it.
    No offense taken. Check out CZ Custom, sometimes in stock, sometimes not. They have other retro models too. For trigger pull quality the non-firing pin block models are desirable and CZ has several competition oriented models available. Personally the FPB is not an issue, I want a smooth DA pull and good sights.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC75 View Post
    What is the consensus on best mode of carry for the Pre-B models? Cocked & Locked or hammer down DA? Is one inherently more safe than the other?
    With CZ-75's you have to thumb down the hammer while pulling the trigger in order to get it in DA mode with a cartridge in the chamber. If a CZ-75 is in DA mode, the manual safety can't be activated. I personally don't think that thumbing down a hammer on a live cartridge is safe (though many have done it many times). I also don't think that a DA first pull without a manual safety is safer than a SA pull with a manual safety. Therefore, I think cocked & locked is the way to go with CZ's. If you want to carry in DA mode with the hammer down and no manual safety, CZ makes decocker models.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The PreB has a VERY positive safety so C/L is preferred. I go against the grain a bit. At least on B models I train to decock by blocking the hammer with my off hand thumb release the hammer with the trigger, release the trigger and roll the thumb away. As long as you block the hammer the rest is safe and easy, especially with a gun that employs a half cock. With some extra care the PreB could be done this way. No one has to thumb or pinch anything.

I even prefer decocking a SIG with my off hand and with my P99 you have to. Re holstering is a two handed operation.
    Last edited by m4brian; 08-11-17 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    No offense taken. Check out CZ Custom, sometimes in stock, sometimes not. They have other retro models too. For trigger pull quality the non-firing pin block models are desirable and CZ has several competition oriented models available. Personally the FPB is not an issue, I want a smooth DA pull and good sights.
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. Do you have any idea why CZ discontinued the 85's? Are they figuring the Omega series will take its place?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast