Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ-75 pre B...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
    The best of all worlds is finding a transitional Pre-B from the mid 90's. They lack the firing pin block, use 75B magazines, easily replaceable sights, and new style safety and slide stop. It is basically a poor man's Shadow. I took a Israeli Surplus transitional model and turned it into a sleeper competition gun:

95' Transitional Pre-B converted to SAO:

And, then my 1984 Pre-B:
    Your Pre-B, is that factory finish or did you have it redone?

That looks pretty and I'd love to do mine like that. I sorta wanted a BHP a while back but CZs are so much nicer.

Glocks are settled science, but CZs are just fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Your Pre-B, is that factory finish or did you have it redone?

That looks pretty and I'd love to do mine like that. I sorta wanted a BHP a while back but CZs are so much nicer.

Glocks are settled science, but CZs are just fun to shoot.
    It is the original finish. The factory finish looks nice but isn't very durable on the old Pre-B's. This one will stay 100% original as I also got it with the original box, manual, and test target.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
    It is the original finish. The factory finish looks nice but isn't very durable on the old Pre-B's. This one will stay 100% original as I also got it with the original box, manual, and test target.
    I see. Thanks for the reply. Mine is a surplus but I'd love it to look as pretty as yours

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes the old enamel finish CAN look nice and remain so only if you don’t handle the gun. Flicking the safety will chip it off over a short time. It was done poorly with cheap spray paint. If I bought another I’d only get one at a great price and worn finish in order to refinish it, or a blued or parked model.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I might get mine Roguarded

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought mine at the Grafenwoehr Training Area Rod and Gun Club in Germany back in 83 I think it was and brought it home with me. It was stolen and later recovered.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    I bought mine at the Grafenwoehr Training Area Rod and Gun Club in Germany back in 83 I think it was and brought it home with me. It was stolen and later recovered.
    Very happy you got it back. They were excellent deals back then! Bought mine from a buddy who brought one back. Should have brought one back myself.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Pre-B CZ75 in 1986—it was my first centrefire semi-auto. It had the enamel finish but it worked really well. The sights were awfully small for competition use so I sold it a few years later. I had a chance to pick this one up last year—it had the matte blued finish, but was a little worn (and had an idiot scratch! Who idiot scratches a CZ75? ) Anyway, a little TLC with some touch-up bluing did the trick—I'm glad to have one back again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice PreB and ‘the right’ finish!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=m4brian;2523129]...I even prefer decocking a SIG with my off hand and with my P99 you have to. Re holstering is a two handed operation.[/QUOTE

M4brian, if you are talking about using the decocking lever on the SIG with your support hand, you are GTG. if talking about lowering the hammer with your thumb while pulling the trigger a la the pre-B CZ-75, that does not render the pistol safe. It will fire if the hammer is hit hard enough.
    Regards,

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast