Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: CZ-75 pre B...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PreB safety is nice and positive. So CL. All Bs can be safely decocked using the support thumb blocking the hammer, rolling the thumb up, and letting the hammer rest in half cock.

Too many online gurus turn it into teeth-sucking madness with “pinching” and other nonsense.
    Last edited by m4brian; 10-31-17 at 07:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    I bought mine at the Grafenwoehr Training Area Rod and Gun Club in Germany back in 83 I think it was and brought it home with me. It was stolen and later recovered.
    Now that I think about it, I bought it right after I returned from Desert Storm in 91. They gave us a week off and then a trip to Graf for training. We had better chow in the desert! Several of my friends had one and I really liked it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    That last pre-B gen was the best looking CZ version.

Can't one buy a new "pre-B"?
    A few years ago, I was able to find a New in Box, commercial, 1991 Pre-B which I think was the last year prior to the transitionals, meaning it has the round trigger guard, spur hammer, and old style safety, and no firing pin disconnect, with a polymer finish more like my 75B. They are very similar in finish. No painted on enamel. It is my favorite CZ, and even my Mec-Gar 75B magazines work in it, which sometimes doesn't happen. A lot of beat up ones from Israel have come in recently, but many of those a good shooters, and can be cosmetically, and functionally enhanced.

I have five CZ pistols, and a Gen I Kadet Kit, but my 75 Pre-B is my favorite. It is a classic. You can not buy a new Pre-B, but CZ came out with a limited edition "Retro" model which resembles them, but has the firing pin disconnect like the 75B. Many think that's the best of both worlds, and I kick myself for not getting one when they were available in numbers, but I already had an original Pre-B, and a 75B so it seemed a little redundant so I bought a 97B, .45 instead.
    Last edited by Pilot1; 01-24-18 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    Now that I think about it, I bought it right after I returned from Desert Storm in 91. They gave us a week off and then a trip to Graf for training. We had better chow in the desert! Several of my friends had one and I really liked it.
    Wow. Don’t like the chow at Graf? Picky picky!

Feedback Score
    I've had an '89 (note the small number just behind the ejection port) pre-B for several years now; it, too has the cheap enamel finish. I bought it through a forum (and FFL) with the styrofoam box, cardboard sleeve and original accessories, including target. It has no import mark, so it must have been bought by a servicemember overseas and brought home. As there are a few chips and the finish actually bubbled once, I've thought about refinishing, but I wonder what a 'correct' finish would be. That said, I'm leaning toward black Cerakote.
    My understanding is that the original concept for the pistol was to be carried chamber empty, then cocked and locked in action, and that the DA feature was primarily to provide a second-strike capability on a hard primer, if needed. I DID have a CZ clone once (Springfield Armory P9C) that allowed the safety to be set with the hammer down.
    I was able to pick up some extra mags at gunshows; they are some of the items I keep an eye out for.
    I'm honored to have one of these classics.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you like the semi gloss black enamel finish I would pick a shade of Cerakote to match it. Frankly, I see no value in keeping the original enamel finish. Mine was bubbled also. I refinished it with satin black gun coat finish, and over baked it a bit to make it dark gray.

There were a few pre-bs that came with either parkerized or blued finishes. Those would be worth keeping if the finish was decent. But not the black enamel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    If you like the semi gloss black enamel finish I would pick a shade of Cerakote to match it. Frankly, I see no value in keeping the original enamel finish. Mine was bubbled also. I refinished it with satin black gun coat finish, and over baked it a bit to make it dark gray.

There were a few pre-bs that came with either parkerized or blued finishes. Those would be worth keeping if the finish was decent. But not the black enamel.
    Thanks! Also, Tim at Military Arms Channel has a video showing a pre-B he had Cerakoted at the Copper Custom shop. A beautiful, top-drawer job.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWuVA6x_bLY

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    Thanks! Also, Tim at Military Arms Channel has a video showing a pre-B he had Cerakoted at the Copper Custom shop. A beautiful, top-drawer job.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWuVA6x_bLY
    I know now what I must do.

I used to call my Pre B "Rally Vincent" but lately it has been my Atomic Blonde gun.

Its the only gun aside from my 1911 that I shoot purely for fun.

The parkerized finish is a bit rough but I'd love to put on Waffle Grips and get that glossy cerakote.

I sorta wish I'd gotten a spare CZ pre B when they were practically giving them away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I know now what I must do.

I used to call my Pre B "Rally Vincent" but lately it has been my Atomic Blonde gun.

Its the only gun aside from my 1911 that I shoot purely for fun.

The parkerized finish is a bit rough but I'd love to put on Waffle Grips and get that glossy cerakote.

I sorta wish I'd gotten a spare CZ pre B when they were practically giving them away.
    Thanks for reminding me! My pistol has checkered CZ grips, but I need to get a set of waffle grips.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here you go:

https://vintagegungrips.com/shop/cz-...-style-pistol/

These be nicer, though:

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/...ray-black-g10/

I get that you guys want to keep them stock appearing, LOL!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast