Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 34 with X300UA Holster options?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Glock 34 with X300UA Holster options?

I finally built out a G34 with the aforementioned light I find myself seeking holster options. I rather dislike most generic(RCS/Bravo Concealment/TREX) kydex holsters as I have found they position the gun way too high, placing the grip in my armpit and most of the weight of the gun above the belt line.

I shoot IDPA/USPSA regularly and love the positioning of my CompTac holsters. I'd love a paddle mount with retention that bridges the gap between the annoyingly high kydex and my low slung CompTac. Does Safariland have an option?

Anyone else solved the 34 + X300UA riddle?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    No experience with the G34 X300U combo (I'm using the same, but with a G17), but JM Custom Kydex has a really nice OWB light comparable holster that does not appear to ride super high. Plus, Tony the owner is a great guy and will work with you on a custom ride height.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just tried RCS new drop offset belt attachment and it makes a world of difference in how the holster rides. If you're got a raven already it might be worth the $25 to try. If it doesn't work you can probably off load it quick. Not many places have them in stock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is this just for competition, and range practice? If so I would recommend the Safailand Duty holsters that can accommodate the gun, light, and RDS. Even if you dont have an RDS now, you might get one later, plus the light bearing capability will allow you to change to a different brand light of a similar size, and there are of course several mounting and attachment options available.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLON AABE View Post
    Is this just for competition, and range practice? If so I would recommend the Safailand Duty holsters that can accommodate the gun, light, and RDS. Even if you dont have an RDS now, you might get one later, plus the light bearing capability will allow you to change to a different brand light of a similar size, and there are of course several mounting and attachment options available.

I've looked at this option as well for an OWB option, but I wouldn't want to use it for competition because of the retention feature. For general practice and actual use I think the retention is an advantage.

For competition, I'm not sure I'll leave the light on so I may just go with a g34 comptac and call it a day.

For actual daily carry I'm using a Bawiddaman Gotham and love it so far. http://bawidamann.com/gotham-x300u-a...-glock-s-w-v2/

Feedback Score
    I like the Gotham as well. I don't have a G34 but for numerous other pistols with x300 it's a great IWB option.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I've looked at this option as well for an OWB option, but I wouldn't want to use it for competition because of the retention feature. For general practice and actual use I think the retention is an advantage.

For competition, I'm not sure I'll leave the light on so I may just go with a g34 comptac and call it a day.

For actual daily carry I'm using a Bawiddaman Gotham and love it so far. http://bawidamann.com/gotham-x300u-a...-glock-s-w-v2/
    I do not have a whole lot of experience with the Comp Tacs but IMO the Safariland has a very smooth release and after very little practice is very fast and intuitive.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post

I take it you haven't used an ALS holster? In my experience, they're actually faster because once you defeat the retention with your thumb, there is no friction on the gun. The only potential better alternative is a stupid loose holster, but any type of movement may make that difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I take it you haven't used an ALS holster? In my experience, they're actually faster because once you defeat the retention with your thumb, there is no friction on the gun. The only potential better alternative is a stupid loose holster, but any type of movement may make that difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have, but not extensively. I have thousands of reps with my comptac holsters so I'd have to teach myself to release the weapon each time. I'm not too concerned that it would add a significant amount of time to the draw, but that I'd forget to do it under stress.

If I purchased the holster for other uses, which I may do, I would likely use it in some competitions to get the reps. It still wouldn't be what I'd choose if I was buying something for competition only though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I use a JM Custom Kydex for that same combo.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast