Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your preferred sling attachment method? Snap hooks, QD, other?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    For those running the Uloop, do you ever have problems with it coming loose?

Feedback Score
    I use Blue Force Gear Vickers non-padded and padded slings with QD attachments.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I have had no problems, but I want to clarify that I installed them only a couple of months ago and have not tested them enough to declare them foolproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I have been using them for a while now, and IMHO it would be close to impossible for them to come loose on their own. Below is a link to a review of the BFG U-Loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXcmmjXygE
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-23-17 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    I loop my VCAS through the stock and use a qd(gear sector) on the rail. I've never had an issue with it accidentally engaging(protected button and not easy to push). I switch positions based on use, so I find it beneficial.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-24-17 at 11:55. Reason: Auto correct change VCAS to vacation.

Feedback Score
    Proctor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Front: Obviously we don’t want this against the barrel, not even so much for melting but a big-wad-o’paracord between barrel and fore end would not be good for your free-floatingage. This one is shown done up in such a way that if the paracord loop goes slack, it can't go bigger inside and touch the barrel. In most cases this is just a 9” length tied into a loop, knot melted, and then it is bale-sling hitched through holes in the fore end or the gas tube bridge of the front sight base. No, they never, ever, ever melt off of the FSB. But they could melt if you really tried I suppose. Sometimes the inside of a rail is pretty sharp; I’ve never had one cut through but many times, as time and circumstances permit, I will remove those sharp edges.

On the rear, I cut about a cubit of paracord and in the middle I tie a small loop for the sling to lace through. Loop on top, and keeping it all as tight as possible, the ends go down and around the bottom of the slider, back up to the loop…. Tie, trim, melt. Depending on the features of the stock slider I try to get it tight enough and/or behind something that will keep it from coming over and off the back. In an A2 stock I go in front of the bottom sling point and if kept super tight, it stays in place.

It results in a good top-hang. Works for me. I don’t have to go shopping for and arrange the gun for anything else. In classes we get so many kinds of slings and bad attachement, this has become somewhat of a cure all. Not suitable for the cover of a magazine perhaps but in my mind it gets it done better than a lot of the stuff on the market.

Not the best pics of my best work but what I had handy:

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Vickers VCAS Padded with QD's on all rifles. No issues of any kind over many years usage in classes and weekly shoots....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    The problem with the Hk style hooks is that they are designed to work in the proper sized Hk spec hoops. If you run them in oversized hoops, like most people do, the hook can twist around so that the weight of the rifle is laying on the gate (which will bend it). If you run Hk hooks, run HK loops.

I spent a long time adding attachment points to my rifle so I could have the sling I thought I wanted, and one day I realized there were no less than three QD points on each side of my rifle (from my choice of rail and stock). I finally quit fighting it, and got a QD sling. It's the way forward. Quit fighting it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm much like Ned. Paracord all over. I like loops that mount to the pic rail best for the hand guard.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast