Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your preferred sling attachment method? Snap hooks, QD, other?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Vickers padded direct attached to the stock and to the handguard via an Israeli velcro sling mount/ "D" ring. Some guns are direct attached to a loop of paracord.

MM

Feedback Score
    I don't have a whole lot of experience in this area but I run two basic sling setups. The first is a Slingster sling with QD mounts. On the stock I mount the QD on the opposite side and on the handguard I attach the QD approximately halfway down. I use a 15" handguard and this method allows me to get a long reach and does not interfere with my grip. I also place the tri-glides as close as possible to the the QD to help minimize noise. The other setup I use is the Proctor Sling. It is a minimalist sling that utilizes 550 para-chord for attachment on stock and handguard. I use this on my home defense AR because it is the quietest method I have found.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    For those running the Uloop, do you ever have problems with it coming loose?
    Nope. Honestly, it doesn't seem like it would be very easy to happen on it's own, given that putting tension on the sling tightens the U-Loop.

I added a photo of my setup below. The sling is a BFG custom slings with the U-Loops sewn in on both ends. For the record, the U-Loop doesn't quite fit through the footman's loop on the SL stock without extremely minor modication with a file or drill bit. The U-Loop obviously isn't as fast to remove as a push-button QD, but it's definitely more secure, because the QD mount pictured on the handguard dropped QD swivels repeatedly when I tested it out. The band on the stock keeps the sling out of the way when in storage or when not needed, so it doesn't really need to come off, anyway.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Regarding slings in general, I have some questions.

How far forward do you mount the front?

Where do you like mounting the rear?

I'm talking 2 point of course.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I have developed a real disdain for hooks / QD's of any kind. I find them heavy, floppy, in the way, option-limiting, noisy, and in some cases the hooks are cheezy-assed dog leash stuff adapted to guns, made from breakage-prone Chinametal.

This disdain has completely supplanted my previous disdain for field-expedient measures with paracord. Now, rather than take the time to search, identify, find, order and pay for some store-bought thing, I make loops of paracord and lace the sling through it. I can put it where I want to, not where there's a metal loop or QD recep. It's light, flexible, quiet, and free, and works on everything everywhere (almost). I can put it through holes in a fore end. Through a FSB. On any kind of stock, solid or slider. I've done hundreds and hundreds of class guns this way and have it down pretty good with nothing in the way of student complaints.......
    The material is known as Chinesium, and many types don't seem to qualify as metal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post

I tend to run mine with the rear mounted on the offside rear of the stock with the sling coming around the butt and stowed under a band on the strong side of the stock. I find it doesn't get in my way as much.

I run the front as far forward as I can. I use short vertical foregrips as handstops with the sling mounted forward of that, generally on the last place I can mount it on the tube.

This enables me to play sling-fu with different carry positions and also use the sling as a hasty sling.

I use the SOB B-SLing because I prefer the shortening adjustment up front so I can pull back to tighten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    FSB at the front, receiver end plate at the rear...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    This is what I use now but before it was available I used paracord on surplus slings. Cheap, easy and works well.

Feedback Score
    For a budget setup, get a GI M1/M14 sling and attach Magpul Paraclips to each end. This gives a good 2-point sling, and even functions as a 1-point by clipping the front end to the rear loop. Length adjustment is not as quick as the more modern slings, but still quick enough to be useful.
    192554_ts.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast