Thread: Range trip with G17 MOS & DPP

Feedback Score

Range trip with G17 MOS & DPP

Recently, I've started a couple threads about dot size and optics ready guns v.s. Slide milling/dovetail mounts. I received a lot of great information and I appreciate all of it.

I didn't want to mill my current guns for reasons I listed in my other thread and the mount I was looking at was $130. I chose to buy a G17 MOS instead. It cost more, but who doesn't need a new gun?

I got my Delta Point Pro mounted and finally got out to the range today for some shooting. I started by zeroing the optic at 25 yards using Federal aluminum case 115gr FMJ. I zeroed with the point of the 7.5 MOA triangle at 25 yards. The point is a very precise aiming point and it worked well.

Next I shot some drills at 7 and 15 yards. Nothing too outrageous, some presentations from the holster to get used to finding the triangle. Optics definitely have a learning curve, but I felt I picked it up fairly well.

I then moved on to controlled pairs from the holster and 2 to the chest and one to the head drills. This was my first exposure to reflex sights on pistols, but I'm digging it so far. I only put 100 rounds through my gun today, but I look forward to additional range trips to enhance my skills.

Hopefully my threads have helped others with the same questions I had. Many of you responded with excellent advice and opinions, again thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dhnut1973; 07-23-17 at 15:48. Reason: Correction