Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop free

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Drop free

Question to the group - Midway through 2017 is it acceptable to make lowers where Gen 3 pmags don't drop free?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's never ok to produce a lower so out of spec that mags don't drop free..

MM

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What is the lower in question? I'm having the same issue, but suspect it just needs broke in. Mine is an Anderson lower with @500 rounds down the tube.

Feedback Score
    Iirc some lowers don't drop free from lowers that are in spec. It's rare but I think there was a thread here about a bcm that did that some time ago.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The problem in the BCM thread was the over insertion tabs were causing the mags not to seat on a closed bolt.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Many lowers adhere to the MilSpec dimensions of USGI mags(aluminum) not to MagPul mags. I would have more of an issue with USGI mags not dropping free but that's just me.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I get it but Gen 3 PMAGS are being issued now. So back to my original question is it acceptable in mid 2017 If you pay good money for a top tier lower for them not to drop free?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Of course with a curved 30 round magazine with rounds inside, pressure is applied to the back of the magwell creating friction. Although my mags drop free 99.9% of the time with my DD, BCM, and LMT lowers, I still pull them out by hand. Of course I don't play any silly gun games so the extra .5 second involved means nothing...
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It would not be an issue for me.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well, my Seekins billet lower absolutely hates Gen 3 Pmags and any magazines with over-insertion tabs. It's annoying because I have several mags with them. I could grind all my mags, but they work in my DD and my Tavor.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast