Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD WAVE - The First 3-D Printed Suppressor By Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

DD WAVE - The First 3-D Printed Suppressor By Daniel Defense

This looks interesting.

https://danieldefense.com/wave?mc_ci...eid=185b7df05c

If this technology works I would hope that the prices would drop quit a bit.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I agree, as more companies start developing their own products the price should come down. I have looked at the delta b brevis many times, but I just can't justify it for the price right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    3D printed to boot. That's cool as hell.

Feedback Score
    The First 3-D Printed Suppressor By Daniel Defense, or the First 3-D Printed Suppressor, By Daniel Defense?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Has to be first made by Daniel Defense, there are other 3d printed cans out there already.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Has to be first made by Daniel Defense, there are other 3d printed cans out there already.

Who else makes 3D printed cans? For a long time 3D printed metal structures were similar in composition to MIM (molded injected metal) and while suitable for some applications, high pressure and force scenarios produced failures. I'm interested to see how these suppressors hold up for the long term. Hard to beat stellite for baffle material.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    See my comment above, the delta p brevis is one of a whole lineup. You can use powdered stellite or inconel just like stainless or titanium. I believe you can also change metals through the can, so having a stellite blast baffle, and changing material on the end for weight savings for example.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Never heard of delta p brevis. Little in regards to overall specification and performance are provided on their website.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thats a very innovative lightweight can and they claim good sound reductions. The Acme connect system also allows easy connect disconnect from the brake. You also detach the baffles and exo 1 piece design and keep the quick connect and brake with you since serial # is on the attachment not the can in case you need repairs. They had it in display at the NRA convention.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Who else makes 3D printed cans? For a long time 3D printed metal structures were similar in composition to MIM (molded injected metal) and while suitable for some applications, high pressure and force scenarios produced failures. I'm interested to see how these suppressors hold up for the long term. Hard to beat stellite for baffle material.

^^This exactly.

The video shows a laser sintering printing process, so I had a chuckle when he states that there are no welds in it (the whole thing is welded from powder).

I am still waiting for somebody to figure out a replacement for grain structure in metal, that is the biggest hurdle for printed metals. IIRC there is all ready a printed 1911 that has shot quite a few rounds so far, but just the thought of rifle pressures of 60k PSI and printed metal makes me nervous to be around it. I am looking forward to how this holds up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast