Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies that gave you PTSD as a kid :)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Movies that gave you PTSD as a kid :)

What movies did you see at an age that was probably not age appropriate that scared the hell out of you?

Me,The Exorcist. That and jaws. Saw that in the theater as back in the day no one really gave a chit about the age of kids getting tickets. I come from a long line of sailors, good swimmer, on boats within a week of being born, yada yada, and I couldn't swim in the ocean for years after seeing that movie. Even the Exorcist, as much as I was too young to be seeing such a movie, was not "real" as Jaws was. A lame movie that scarred me as kid was Omega Man.

Is a B LOL movie to see now, but it freaked me out for some reason. My mother would give me a few $ on a Saturday to get rid of me for a few hours to see a movie at the local theater and didn't care/ask what we were actually seeing.

Some of them did stick with me and if I had kids, would pay attention to if they were age appropriate.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Piranha...don't remember much about it actually, just that it f'd me up. I think I was a second grader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1. The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing

It was a Burt Reynolds western. My mom was a diehard Reynolds fan. A guy pretty much gets beaten to death in the movie but it takes several scenes for him to die. I was horrified that you could actually kill someone in a fist fight.

2. The Battle of Britain (I think)

I don't remember too much about the movie, but a guy inside a plane gets stitched by a machine gun. That horrified me.

3. The Green Berets

A guy gets stabbed, and toward the end one of the main characters dies on a wall of spikes. Horrifying.

4. Catch 22

I didn't actually get to see this movie until years later, but my mom always used to describe the scene where the guy's insides fall out. I didn't know war could inflict those kinds of wounds. Her description alone kept me wondering about stuff like that for years. Of course now I can sit through far worse than that, but when you're a little kid...

5. Frankenstein: The True Story

This was either a TV movie or miniseries. I remember a severed arm crawling across the floor by itself and the protagonist had to pour acid on in it to kill it. Another character's hands were almost skeletal from an acid accident. That show scared me from having anything to do with chemicals.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Disney's "Wind in the Willows". Mr. Toad's wild ride in the locomotive scared the bejeezus out of me. My father had to haul me out of there. I was about four at the time.

I still freak out when I see a frog.

I assume that a young Chuck Norris would have taken it in stride.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "From Hell It Came" caused me to look at trees a whole different way. Ghoulardi IIRC had a Saturday afternoon show for us kids.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "Poltergeist". It was one of the first movies we watched when we got a VCR. What got me was the scene with the approaching storm. Coincidentally a bad storm was rolling toward our house at the same time. As the scene got more intense so did the storm over my house. Then, everything went black as our power went out. Guess who slept on his parents floor?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Blob. Channel 11 in NY used to run old horror movies every night in October. Our of all the stupid horror movies they showed, this one scared the crap out of me. I was afraid to get into the bathtub for days after seeing it.

Phantasm. It was one of the first American movies I have ever seen. One of my parents' friends had a VCR and had this movie on VHS in the late 80's. I was really young and it scared the poo out of me.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    "Fire in the Sky"

Couldn't watch anything involving aliens for almost 10 years.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Aliens
    Piranha
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Jaws

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Bonnie and Clyde's death scene from the 1967 movie at 12 years old.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast