Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Conceal carry belt?

Feedback Score
    The last leather gun belt I bought was form Blade Tech in 2010. If they still made them I would buy another in a hear beat but they don't and the timing of this thread is great.
    I've been looking mainly at Beltman and Mean Gene Leather, glad to see more options for us out there.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Been using belts from Custercustomleather for the past 3 years. Young Custer is my grandson (in the spirit of full disclosure), and I'm one of his beta testers, but I pay full price for my belts, and I've been very pleased with them. Plain, heavy, single thickness or the one I just received, with 2 thin layers of beautiful leather that looks great and is very functional, I use one to carry EVERY day.
    MANY very good belt makers out there. Prices can vary widely. Some great suggestions here already.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an Uncle Mikes belt that looks very similar to the Wilderness Instructor belt. Anyone have or had both the Uncle Mikes and Wilderness Instructor to see the difference between the two for EDC only? I am specifying EDC carry only because the Wilderness Instructor belt's original purpose sounds like it was for things other than EDC that I don't need at this time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    The last leather gun belt I bought was form Blade Tech in 2010. If they still made them I would buy another in a hear beat but they don't and the timing of this thread is great.
    I've been looking mainly at Beltman and Mean Gene Leather, glad to see more options for us out there.
    I think I have the same belt from that time. Thing is tough as nails and has served me well for years. At some point, I'm sure I will have to replace it, but the thing is a tank in my rotation.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Obagual View Post
    I have an Uncle Mikes belt that looks very similar to the Wilderness Instructor belt. Anyone have or had both the Uncle Mikes and Wilderness Instructor to see the difference between the two for EDC only? I am specifying EDC carry only because the Wilderness Instructor belt's original purpose sounds like it was for things other than EDC that I don't need at this time.
    I've had both and there is a difference, I would rather spend the money on the Wilderness, but I have the kydex reinforced one. Either way if I were you I'd get the wilderness 5 stitch minimum. I've had uncle mikes and 5.11 operator. The 5.11 was the second best. a good belt is worth the money, it's amazing how much better he wilderness handles the weight

Feedback Score
    I have two broken 5.11 belts. The little slider in the belt is pot metal. They broke and you can see the grain structure of the metal. For double the money the Apogee belt is well worth it.

Feedback Score
    Hanks Belts, if you want leather.

Feedback Score
    Special Operations Equipment (SOE) Edc Belt. It's fantastic and much better than all these new facebook/instagram companies producing knockoffs that suck. Ares Gear is another good one along with Mean Gene Leather.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    I have a beltman bullhide belt can't say enough good things about it worth every penny in my humble opinion I carry a g26 iwb and a g19 mag for reload I have no kydex insert and still no sag or stretching

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I have been using the Kore Trakline gun belt for about 5 months now. Carried everything from a Glock 26, 19, 17 and a P30L on it and it's been great. The 1/4" clicks are way more useful than I thought they would be, and it doesn't sag. I even used it like a battle belt at the range yesterday and it worked awesome. I have been dumping weight the last few months and I would have had to buy a few new belts if not for this one.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts
    Huge thanks to WW for the Kore Gunbelt tip.

I've been looking for a pair of good quality belts, but hesitant to spend several hundred bucks since I am also on a journey to get healthy and slowly and steadily losing weight.

I messaged WW offline with a few lingering questions and then ordered two belts, two buckles, and a hanger. Total bill was around $118 delivered.

The belts were ordered Thursday evening and arrived in my mailbox on Monday afternoon.

I read the simple directions, tried the black belt on with my largest IWB carry gun, added a few inches of just in case, and cut the belt with a pair of heavy duty shears. I put the belt back on, and decided to cut another inch and a half off.

Once the first belt was good, the second belt was just a matter of cutting to the same size.

Both belts seem to be excellent quality. The buckles are very solid, and the hanger works pretty well (belts are still stiff and curled from shipping.

So I cannot provide much wear and longevity data, but first impressions are excellent. I'll wear this belt with slacks, khakis, jeans, or shorts. I'm not sure if it goes with a $2000 suit, but since I neither have nor want one, it's not an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast