Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conceal carry belt?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I find stiffness to be overrated for my use, AIWB with a fairly heavy gun (P30LS with RMR, X400U, and +5 extension); I know a couple of other people that agree with that. I have been using a Wilderness 5-stitch for the last couple of years, while the Ares Gear Aegis belt proved too stiff for comfort and concealment for me.
    Interesting, I was considering a normal 5-stitch next time around(to replace the stiffened wilderness), although I do like the stiffened for competition.
    I think the nexbelt is a little flimsy for a full sized gun with light, but for a small gun aiwb, it's better as the buckle is much lower profile as noted above. The stiffer belt, the whole thing bulges out.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...efit-gun-belts
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-24-17 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I recently picked up a Magpul Tejas (one of the AIM sales). It feels very well made, very heavy duty and so far has been a very nice quality and good looking belt.

Looking at some of the links in this thread, I like those 'Beltman' belts. Very nice looking, bullhide construction.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 07-25-17 at 08:42.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I wear a Magpul Tejas every day with a Glock 19 AIWB. Probably the best belt I've tried. A friend runs an Aegis with steel reinforcement, which is nice because it is thinner.

Any belt I buy going forward will be a composite belt, reinforced with some kind of non-leather material. The benefits are overwhelming, and bullhide, elephant hide, centaur hide, unicorn hide, etc. will always stretch, will always hold sweat, will always roll, etc. That's how organic materials are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    OP, how do you plan on carrying and what. I'll tell you my only gripe with the wilderness instructor belt is the buckle bulges out if I carry AIWB. This time of year I carry a Glock 43 that way in an Incog holster. I ended up buying a leather Velcro belt and have been very happy. It's an el cheapo on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Working-Perso.../dp/B01597PHY2
    I spin the belt around to put the buckle a belt loop off center to keep it from printing so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I find stiffness to be overrated for my use, AIWB with a fairly heavy gun (P30LS with RMR, X400U, and +5 extension); I know a couple of other people that agree with that. I have been using a Wilderness 5-stitch for the last couple of years, while the Ares Gear Aegis belt proved too stiff for comfort and concealment for me.
    I've found the same thing. AIWB and a stiff belt don't really go together. I carry strong side IWB and use the 5 stitch for that too, but I just carry a Glock 43 most of the time. If I wear the 34 I use the CSM belt. For OWB, I carry a 43 in a Mini Phantom, the stiffer belt is a definite advantage as it resists rolling outward better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I spin the belt around to put the buckle a belt loop off center to keep it from printing so much.

I've found the same thing. AIWB and a stiff belt don't really go together. I carry strong side IWB and use the 5 stitch for that too, but I just carry a Glock 43 most of the time. If I wear the 34 I use the CSM belt. For OWB, I carry a 43 in a Mini Phantom, the stiffer belt is a definite advantage as it resists rolling outward better.
    I've tried that too, but for me when carrying a spare magazine I need to actually put the buckle between the 10 & 11:00 belt loops. I find that problematic if I need to drop trowel.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have been using this for a while:

http://www.gorilla911.com/boston-leather-18305-

bison-leather-dress-belt/

Very nice belt...I think I paid $ 29
    Last edited by signal4l; 07-24-17 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Magpul Tejas for the win. Had mine since they came to market and worn it more often than not. Ive got a VTAC, 511, and a wilderness tactical as well. All are good belts but the magpul was the my first foray into a leather gun belt and it lived up to the hype.
    I work in environment where radios on the belt are part of the uniform, and its so good i talked a non-gun guy coworker into getting one.
    Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
    Bruce Lee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Blue Alpha Gear
    ^THIS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1 for Ares Gear. I have the original Ranger model. The newer Aegis is a lot more modest. Sure, the Ranger looks the part with the cobra buckle, but if your not tucking your shirt in, who cares how it looks, it's covered anyway. Zero sag, infinite adjustment. If you think it's too stiff, it's probably too tight to begin with, but to each their own. That's why we have choices.

Feedback Score
    I've been using the same Ares Gear Enhanced Ranger belt for 6 years and its still going strong. I ave got an Enhanced Aegis belt and it does it's job very well. I use it for when i need to wear a suit.

http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=455

https://www.tacticaldistributors.com...ant=1215461273
    Tourniquet, nose hose, chest seal, dart!

In chaos, there is hope!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast