Thread: A Cure For Wellness Review[ish]

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

A Cure For Wellness Review[ish]

Well, since I haven't seen this one addressed here yet....

I saw this a short while back, and it was very interesting in a mind-****y sort of way.
    For some reason it doesn't seem to be critically well received- it currently has like a 2 1/2 on rotten tomatoes (yet the new Kong is currently at a 76% approval so, what the hell do the critics ever know...) .
    I think a lot of the "meh" feeling most reviewers got, is that there's a few ways you could look at this film, and one, simply taking it at face value, sure it's not exactly brilliant- it's a fairly linear "I KNOW there's something else going on here from the moment the lead character gets to the clinic" sort of story.
    The other way to look at it will have you questioning everything about the events of the movie for the simple fact that, there are WAY to many unexplainable things that happen to the main character (some of which shouldn't have been survivable) for it to be that obviously linear.

It’s small moments (like the ending in this one) some movies give you that go from a fairly straightforward tale, to completely turning it on its head, and then you start going back and questioning everything that happened in the movie, especially when you take into consideration several other scenes, as well as things the main character has been told, that happen along the way. And you start to wonder whether the person that has been cast as the voice of sanity in the film… may actually be the most insane.

So if you like odd movies that are not SO over the top complex they make you nuts, but still complex enough to give you a mental double-take... you might like this one.
    I'd give it an overall B+
    Last edited by Jellybean; 07-24-17 at 15:57.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The wife and I thought it was good, I have some plot hole issues but other than that it was well done.

It's a great sub-genre, the whole asylum and a sanatorium horror bit.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18