Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunkirk a must see.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I saw it in 70mm. Incredible. It is thrilling and tense through and through. Hans Zimmer's score was great and Oscar worthy. I'm definitely going back to see it in iMax.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's movie was okay. Not the worst but no where near the best. I found most of it kind of boring, two characters looked so much alike I got lost on who was who especially with Nolan's use of quicks cuts.

There was no character development or use of names of anyone. So I didn't care about anyone in the story, they might as well have just been numbers or wax dummies. The order of which the story was told was trippy too I figured it out after a while, why did I have to figure it out? I see what Nolan was trying to do but it just didn't work for me. It's like he was trying to inception his own movie.

Like I said the movie is just okay and I personally never need to see it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I saw it in IMAX... Awesome movie. I'll call it a "must watch".

Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I saw it great movie but it can't compare to Saving Private Ryan or Fury.
    Agreed, BUT at least in MY opinion, it's right there behind Fury.

I actually like the idea of no character development in this movie. It makes a nice twist. The story is about the overall evacuation that prevented the deaths of many thousands of men. This evacuation possibly stopped the Britts from having their own version of the Bataan death march.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    These are the only positive things I have heard about the film. Everyone I have talked to about the film, including my friend who went to film school, said the spectacle was fantastic, but the rest of the film is lacking everywhere else. He even told me to wait for bluray and not see it in theaters. So you can imagine my shock when I am seeing such positive things lol
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    These are the only positive things I have heard about the film. Everyone I have talked to about the film, including my friend who went to film school, said the spectacle was fantastic, but the rest of the film is lacking everywhere else. He even told me to wait for bluray and not see it in theaters. So you can imagine my shock when I am seeing such positive things lol
    If it helps any, I couldn't wait to see it. I wanted to see it opening night. Imagine my surprise when it was over and I wish I'd waited for it to come out on video.

It's worth seeing, but it doesn't hold a candle to Saving Private Ryan, Fury, Enemy at the Gates, Act of Valor, Lone Survivor, Blackhawk Down, or any other recent war movie you could name.

I keep hearing "A Bridge Too Far" in my head, but it's not that bad. (I've always said "A Bridge Too Far" should have been called "An Hour Too Long").

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I saw it in 70mm Friday and am headed black today to see it in IMAX. I think it's right up there with Saving Private Ryan as an excellent war movie, but it's a very different kind. You never see an enemy directly. The fighting is brief, detached, and mostly air to air.

It's a suspenseful thriller, not really a combat flick, hence the PG-13 rating. Nolan does a very good job of building suspense for an action that you already know the ending to.

I'd much rather watch it than Fury or American sniper. But if you're wanting a shallow, explosions and bullets everywhere type of war movie, it's not your ticket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I saw it in 70mm Friday and am headed black today to see it in IMAX. I think it's right up there with Saving Private Ryan as an excellent war movie, but it's a very different kind. You never see an enemy directly. The fighting is brief, detached, and mostly air to air.

It's a suspenseful thriller, not really a combat flick, hence the PG-13 rating. Nolan does a very good job of building suspense for an action that you already know the ending to.

I'd much rather watch it than Fury or American sniper. But if you're wanting a shallow, explosions and bullets everywhere type of war movie, it's not your ticket.
    I did like the tension, and the aerial dogfights were good, but the movie shows the same scene from multiple perspectives and that gets tedious and confusing. I would have appreciated just a straight telling from one or two main characters' point of view.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Hans Zimmer's score was great and Oscar worthy.
    Not to thread drift, but in my opinion, Zimmer is only rivaled by John Williams as the greatest composer of film scores.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I saw it in IMAX with the wife and we both loved it, could hear girls a few rows back crying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Not to thread drift, but in my opinion, Zimmer is only rivaled by John Williams as the greatest composer of film scores.
    I'm not sure I can swallow that. Williams was fortunate to be working during the golden age of film, real movies that people associate with and therefore the music becomes maybe more famous. Everyone knows the themes to Star Wars and Jaws, but to think that Jaws is better music than almost anything by Zimmer, no way.

Zimmer's on a live tour in North America right now. I went to the premier in LA and it was worth every second.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast