Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced BCG , small change

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No. Not like the recent batch. Older hard chrome looking
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    No. Not like the recent batch. Older hard chrome looking
    Where did you find one?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Merchant Firearms, Phx AZ on Chandler Blvd.

Not big online selling group but you can give it a shot. They had two left today.

PM me if you need any help.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Merchant Firearms, Phx AZ on Chandler Blvd.

Not big online selling group but you can give it a shot. They had two left today.

PM me if you need any help.
    Just curious.....you're the OP for this thread. Did you get another one just to have an extra or were you unhappy with the finish on the $204 ones? Was this newest one you bought the same price or was it back to normal levels?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Just curious.....you're the OP for this thread. Did you get another one just to have an extra or were you unhappy with the finish on the $204 ones? Was this newest one you bought the same price or was it back to normal levels?
    I had no issue with new ones. The old chrome bolts just " appeared " more robust to me. I would purely speculate the Chrome cost a lot more and didn't offer much more than the new coating. But WTF do I know, the new coating might be superior.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had no issue with new ones. The old chrome bolts just " appeared " more robust to me. I would purely speculate the Chrome cost a lot more and didn't offer much more than the new coating. But WTF do I know, the new coating might be superior.
    Unless the previous coating is no longer available, which is totally plausible, the new should be superior in keeping with LMTs trend of incremental improvements on the enhanced BCG. LMT has never been seen to make a cost cutting change on these, they do however raise the price occasionally.

Feedback Score
    I believe I said earlier in this thread that the dull satin finish on the new bolts looks just like the chromed bolts I have that were done by Metaloy. Or if you look into the chamber of a new chrome lined AR you see that dull silvery finish. The old bolts were some secret-squirrel proprietary finish, maybe that's why they had that sheen to them?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The old bolts also had extraction issues. The one I have never worked because the springs are too weak
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wish LMT would have a big sale on LMT CQB16-MARS SBRs. What a beautiful, beautiful rifle.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The old bolts also had extraction issues. The one I have never worked because the springs are too weak
    Can you tell me more about this? Has anything chabged? The unofficial approach around here has been to use a standard bolt with the enhanced carrier, I think steming all the way back from Grant experiencing extraction failures in SBRs long ago.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast