Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced BCG , small change

Feedback Score
    wasn't that the really old bolts from years ago?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Can you tell me more about this? Has anything chabged? The unofficial approach around here has been to use a standard bolt with the enhanced carrier, I think steming all the way back from Grant experiencing extraction failures in SBRs long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    wasn't that the really old bolts from years ago?
    I did hear that LMT made changes to the bolt to fix the problem but I don't know when those changes were made. When I started running the LMT Enhanced Carrier, I ended up using it with a standard bolt and it ran fine for awhile.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Charlie145 View Post
    Just wanted to relate something that occurred while shooting my LMT 11.5 upper with the Enhanced Bolt Carrier group through a Silencerco Specwar-K with Fed 62 gr FMJ.
    I was shooting from 15 yards, two round strings when I had a malfunction where the spent casing was ejected but the bolt was halfway forward. After drawing my handgun and putting two rounds on target (never miss an opportunity to recover from a failure, right) after dropping the mag and attempting to clear the jam, I attempted to get the bolt to close by striking the butt on the ground. No go. Left the line and went to see what could have happened. Of course most of you already know I had a blown primer due to the excessive back pressure.
    Bad part was the primer was between the bolt cam pin under the gas key with the bolt partially forward.
    After using a rubber mallet and a block of wood, we were able to get the bolt back and the blown primer fell out on the table.
    I have shot a lot of rounds over the last 28 years or so but have never had a failure like this. Cleaned and lubed it up again and ran another sixty rounds with no problems.
    I wanted to share this and see if anyone had experienced this before.
    Thanks!
    Thanks guys. Believe it or not, that is the first blown primer to ever cause a malfunction. To hear y'all I guess I have been very fortunate. Thanks for the feed back and yes, purchasing good ammo is so important.

Stay safe.

TC

Feedback Score
    Not meaning to necro-post but I was looking on LMT's new website this morning and found their "new" (as per this thread) Enhanced Bolt:

https://lmtdefense.com/parts/l7q3b

As you can see it is no longer the shiny finish but is indeed the more dull, hard chrome looking one. Not sure what it is but I'll email LMT and see if they can elaborate.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    yea, I think I have a couple. The one thing for sure, they are the most badass bolts on the planet. Nice but not necessary, I still like better to not better. No idea what the new change is, probably finish because if it was significant they would be touting it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    yea, I think I have a couple. The one thing for sure, they are the most badass bolts on the planet. Nice but not necessary, I still like better to not better. No idea what the new change is, probably finish because if it was significant they would be touting it.
    Oh I definitely think it's just a finish change, but what it actually is intrigues me.......

For the price I paid I sure hope it's more than just hard chrome or NP3. Nothing against a good hard chrome job, as all my non-Enhanced BCG AR's have one. And nothing against NP3, just that I could get a completely coated one from Sionics for half the price of the LMT EBCG.

I sent LMT an email so we'll see what they say.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-10-18 at 12:18.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    But the LMT is apparently the only aermet steel bolt you can buy, finish is not the selling point, material and improved design is

Feedback Score
    Interesting metal used in that product. Wonder if it’s beneficial in a semi auto role.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    But the LMT is apparently the only aermet steel bolt you can buy, finish is not the selling point, material and improved design is
    Perhaps not, but at that price point ya gotta admit there is a reason that it is something other than just a standard phosphate finish.

My older shiny ones clean up crazy easy. Haven't tried this new one yet.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Except that they use a different steel for the bolt. And you don't get the Fishermans Friend lobster tail extractor.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Oh I definitely think it's just a finish change, but what it actually is intrigues me.......

For the price I paid I sure hope it's more than just hard chrome or NP3. Nothing against a good hard chrome job, as all my non-Enhanced BCG AR's have one. And nothing against NP3, just that I could get a completely coated one from Sionics for half the price of the LMT EBCG.

I sent LMT an email so we'll see what they say.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast