Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced BCG , small change

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I see that, looks like a small chip, how is it functioning? How many rounds before the chip? What length, what buffer system, what barrel?
    It functioned fine. No hiccups that I can recall.
    Barrel:LMT MRP 16" ML/LMT MRP 10.5" Carbine
    Buffer: Carbine w/H2&H3
    Round Count: Not much in my eyes ~2500

Feedback Score
    It looks like LMT had some quality control issues on the Kiwi rifles. http://smallarmssolutions.com/home/l...ts-replacement

I wonder how many others slipped through the cracks and ended up bought domestically.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
    It looks like LMT had some quality control issues on the Kiwi rifles. http://smallarmssolutions.com/home/l...ts-replacement

I wonder how many others slipped through the cracks and ended up bought domestically.

Yeah...it's very disappointing to hear this. I've always liked LMT and thing they were making some good strides, but I think this will make a lot of people think twice...or at least be in a holding pattern for a while. It would not surprise me to hear that this was isolated to trying to fulfill a relatively large contract.

Say what you will about Colt's ups and downs over the years, but they have the size and infrastructure to do the analytics that LMT may not. Hopefully LMT can get this squared away and continue to move in the direction they have been.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    High confidence in LMT, based on actually having and shooting guns. Just sayin.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    High confidence in LMT, based on actually having and shooting guns. Just sayin.
    Oh well heck...case closed then. Can't be anybody else here that might have used them...

...And like many of the SME's that used to be here, I'm out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Oh well heck...case closed then. Can't be anybody else here that might have used them...

...And like many of the SME's that used to be here, I'm out.
    That’s not directed at anyone in particular, otherwise I would’ve quoted. More directed at those posting from other than experience.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    I had a lug break. Here is a pic:
    Attachment 54066
    Thanks for the pic. Was this the newer "dull" finish bolt or the older shinier bolt? I cant really tell from the pic.

If parts are chipping like that it sounds like a heat treating problem making the parts too brittle just like what their current problem is with their NZ rifles. They should probably fire the company doing their heat treat.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 10-10-18 at 01:09.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Less than 9.04 rifles out of 9040 some rifles for the Carrier breakage issue and less than 9.04 rifles out of 9040 some rifles for the selector breakage issue.

The firing pins was a definite supplier side heat treat issue that combined with a small batch sample heat treat test protocol let a very large batch of bad pins through.

Simple fact is it can and will happen to any company at any given time. Sucks when it happens to your rifle. But because it is happening in training rather than combat it is not as big of an issue, especially when LMT has the supplier up their destructive test batch numbers to weed out problems.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Thanks for the pic. Was this the newer "dull" finish bolt or the older shinier bolt? I cant really tell from the pic.

If parts are chipping like that it sounds like a heat treating problem making the parts too brittle just like what their current problem is with their NZ rifles. They should probably fire the company doing their heat treat.
    It was the older shinier coat I believe. They replaced it recently with a newer duller finish one. Honestly, for the price difference for a Colt, Noveske, DD, BCM, etc. regular phosphate bolt, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze for the Enhanced bolt. And yes I shoot quite a bit

Feedback Score
    I would be interested to know exactly when they were fulfilling this contract. The first E-BCG I purchased from LMT was in Jan of 17. It was quickly returned. The key was not properly staked (Zero contact with the bolts) and the the entire assembly looked like it was machined with a rock. While it was mostly an aesthetics issue it sure didn't look like something that would command such a price tag. A simple phone call and the problem was rectified. I wonder if this issue was a product of satisfying such a contract. Still a happy customer and would recommend their offerings from what I've handled.

S/F
    Ryan

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast