Thread: LED tint preference

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

LED tint preference

Just started diving into the light world. After farting around on google the past few days, I am actually taken back a bit by the HUGE family of LED flashlight enthusiasts. Of course they are different camps, Tactical,GP,Night time users, EDC carriers, etc. But I was shocked just how big the whole collective community is.

Lumens/Candela output aside. It seems like the tint of the led is a huge factor for many people. If I had to break it down into oversimplified categories.
    Cool White= Tactical/HD
    Neutral white= GP/whatever you want it be
    Warm = those that don't need added brightness or likes the incandescent look/basic GP(dog walkers, joggers,campers) night time outdoor activity where the yellow spectrum will give you more details over something leaning into the blue spectrum

Am I on the right path of describing the tints?

Also, I did assume that Cool White= what someone would use for self defense due to how bright and disorienting a LED in this light spectrum can be. My question is does anyone use a weapon light or HD handheld in the neutral or warm spectrum? If so, what are the reasons for doing so?

For all the light hounds that can help me grasp this better, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by praythenspray; 07-26-17 at 09:26.