Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban on transgender in the military announced.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    ED due to physical injuries incurred while in the mil is a different matter, but we down a slipperly slope when we say guys need to get boner meds or they will suffer devastating psychological problems from lack o nookie. Trans types claim they suffer devastating psychological issues from not living as the sex they think they were supposed to me and all that. It sounds like there's some other stuff covered one could say does not directly impact the war fighters ability to perform on the battle field.
    But you are comparing preventing a psychological impact from a physical issue with a drug that provides a physical fix.

The other is a physiological issue. The psychological issue is the root cause, there is no physical fix for that. Money should be spent on helping these people. I don't think the current "fix" is working, and the suicide rates possibly support that theory.

If a manic thinks he can fly, do we try to fix his brain or implant wings onto his back?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-27-17 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If a manic thinks he can fly, do we try to fix his brain or implant wings onto his back?
    The problem with this and trans people is there is not a way to change their brain to think they are their physical gender. The current science shows the most effective treatment is to let them transition if desired.

I don't get the whole trans thing, it seems completely crazy to me but I am lucky enough to not have to deal with that in my life. While I am sure that there are some people out there doing it for attention I have a feeling most would give anything to be able to live a normal life. Now how that matters for military service? I'm not sure but if they are allowed they shouldn't receive any treatment beyond what the standard medical insurance plans most of us have covers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    The problem with this and trans people is there is not a way to change their brain to think they are their physical gender. The current science shows the most effective treatment is to let them transition if desired.

I don't get the whole trans thing, it seems completely crazy to me but I am lucky enough to not have to deal with that in my life. While I am sure that there are some people out there doing it for attention I have a feeling most would give anything to be able to live a normal life. Now how that matters for military service? I'm not sure but if they are allowed they shouldn't receive any treatment beyond what the standard medical insurance plans most of us have covers.
    Well said.

Having known a few people with the condition, It really is involuntary and medical in nature. Is it really that hard to believe that with how complex the human brain is, physical things can go wrong in it's development that lead to abnormal, uncontrollable behavior? My trans friend was truly tormented by her conundrum. Hormone therapy is a viable, cheap and safe option for a fix. There is no need for to be bigoted agaisn't trans people. They just want to be happy like you and me, and they unfortuantely got the short end of the stick. What did did Jesus preach about acceptance? Maybe the good Christians here can fill us in.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Well said.

Having known a few people with the condition, It really is involuntary and medical in nature. Is it really that hard to believe that with how complex the human brain is, physical things can go wrong in it's development that lead to abnormal, uncontrollable behavior? My trans friend was truly tormented by her conundrum. Hormone therapy is a viable, cheap and safe option for a fix. There is no need for to be bigoted agaisn't trans people. They just want to be happy like you and me, and they unfortuantely got the short end of the stick. What did did Jesus preach about acceptance? Maybe the good Christians here can fill us in.
    Well if you want a Christian answer, then I'll try. Simply put, this isn't a "brain" problem, it's a mind or spiritual problem, nowhere in the Scriptures is the brain and mind equated. Like everyone else, our minds are corrupted. We don't think like God or even want to. Sinful thinking can and does manifest itself in a multitude of ways, this being one of them. In my view there is very, very little actual mental illness, and in fact the more un-biblical thinking we label as mental illness the more we succumb to the nonsense of the shamans of the pyscho-babble industrial complex. The worlds answer seems to be to just give in to this sinful thinking and behavior and to normalize it like every other perverse thing on the left and other than left. The world's answer is to medicate these people through supposedly better chemistry. Do you really think these people are ever really deep down going to be able to deny their real and true sex? There isn't enough hormones in the universe to change what's real. As for bigotry, there is a war going on since the fall of man in the garden. The sodomites, the hardcore activist ones, and the other leftists are at war with Christianity and have been for a long time. They don't really want to just co-exist with guys like me, they want to crush me and stamp out my kind of thinking. If they could they would shoot God in the head and then burn Him. I know Christ can and does change people, He changed me from a suicidal drunk to a sober, can hold down a job family man who actually loves his wife and children, is learning to love others, even his enemies. There are many bumps in the road, some huge, but I haven't yet given up. These kinds of people, simply put, don't need hormones and a bunch of stupid and evil people telling them that they can be what God forbids, they need spiritual renewal and to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ. They need to hear and believe the Gospel. If they did this, like millions before them, their life wouldn't be perfect but they would be on the right road home, they may even have to struggle against this besetting sin the rest of their lives, it could and probably would be very difficult, but they would have an eternal hope, a new home, and a God that dearly loves them and will never forsake them. The alternative is truly bleak ending in a cold grave or worse.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 07-28-17 at 03:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This whole issue was a scam in the first place. If the Affordable Care Act wasn't going to pay for sexual reassignment surgery, the .Mil was being set up to pay for it.
    Winning is Correct.
    The whole "trans" bullshit is not a health issue, a mental health issue, etc. it is a POLITICAL issue plain and simple.

The left has always despised the military and thus uses it as their social engineering laboratory.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    So how's the repeal/replace of Obamacare going? Do we have a permanent solution to Iraq and Syria, yet? Has the Hearing Protection Act and/or a repeal of the Hughes Amendment been signed into law? Has Trump severely curtailed the ATF's regulatory authority?

You mad brah?

It's going to be a very long four to eight years for some of you.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    But you are comparing preventing a psychological impact from a physical issue with a drug that provides a physical fix.

The other is a physiological issue. The psychological issue is the root cause, there is no physical fix for that. Money should be spent on helping these people. I don't think the current "fix" is working, and the suicide rates possibly support that theory.

Obvious physical injuries not withstanding, ED is a psychological issue in many -if not most - men.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    You mad brah?

It's going to be a very long four to eight years for some of you.
    He's right you know. Trump has accomplished nothing of merit thus far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    He's right you know. Trump has accomplished nothing of merit thus far.
    Actually Trump has accomplished one bigly thing and that is Neil Gorsuch. As far as legislation it has been a complete failure of an administration but the diehard Trump supporters don't care because winning to them is pissing off the left, not actually accomplishing things.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    The whole "trans" bullshit is not a health issue, a mental health issue, etc. it is a POLITICAL issue plain and simple.

The left has always despised the military and thus uses it as their social engineering laboratory.
    It's a widely recognized mental health issue.

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-...nder-dysphoria
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast