Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Built my first AR Zombie Squisher

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    WTF is going on here?

Is this the final outcome Youtube and FB provides?

5 quarts of Mobil 1. Trash in every picture. Firearm posed in every f'in room of the house.
    Claiming, repeatedly, to be a girl.

Does the ATF even try anymore?
    How is your post relevant to anything? I think you're revering to one of the last pictures where you can make out some oil that isn't really the suject of the picture but just so you know I'm big into DIY and fix my own cars and even my friends. I watch how to do it on youtube and just do it and save money! I've changed hubs, axles, radiators, fans, belts, sparks, everything all by myself too and yeah AND I'm a girl with an awesum zombie squisher! I do have a lot of guns cause was in the military for over 7 years and got out recently.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I don't see any quality parts used except for SpringCo and BCM extractor upgrade. I would have gotten a Colt 6920 for $700 and called it a day. Did you use proper torque requirements when assembling??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    I don't see any quality parts used except for SpringCo and BCM extractor upgrade. I would have gotten a Colt 6920 for $700 and called it a day. Did you use proper torque requirements when assembling??
    So you don't think strke industries and odin works are any good quality?
    You don't think my custom middle from PSA that cost 350 dollars isn't any good quality?
    Yes I have all the tools and I know how to put together an AR
    You must think because I'm a girl I don't know crap like most guys on these forums
    You know all you need to do is watch a howto video on youtube and you will know what needs to be done so it's so easy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    This should answer your question to me.

Off to a good start around here. Assuming that, one of the nicest posts I could provide by simply stating it wasn't aesthetically please, was rude to you, you really won't like what the others are going to say.

I was polite, you're not being so much. You ask for critique, you're getting it.

... I just deleted more text than I ever should have written after the last sentence. In interest of being polite, I will just leave it here.

ETA: Nevermind, saw this Gem here and had to reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Hokicake View Post
    So you don't think strke industries and odin works are any good quality?
    You don't think my custom middle from PSA that cost 350 dollars isn't any good quality?
    Yes I have all the tools and I know how to put together an AR
    You must think because I'm a girl I don't know crap like most guys on these forums
    You know all you need to do is watch a howto video on youtube and you will know what needs to be done so it's so easy
    You know, all you need to do is read some forum topics around here to realize we're not much for SI, though many use it, it's not anywhere near this forums "Quality" standard.

And no, we think that way because you're being combative, poorly typing, and acting like you know everything here in your first 10 posts. Reevaluate yourself and this community please.

Also, just a PSA, the other one... Public Service Announcement: PSA is considered junk by many around here. I own a PSA upper on a Anderson lower with a PSA parts kit. I am not one of those people. But, your 350 dollar receiver set could have been a BCM... See my point here? Probably not.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-26-17 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    What're you trying to do with this rifle?
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    well I don't understand all the crap I'm getting about using strike industries stuff. They make the parts that really have no impact on the actual fuctions of the gun. It's a buttstock, it's a tube, a bolt switch, a dust cover so relax and so wut if it's strike industries? Just like magpul crap it's made from plastic. Tell me, wut kind of butt would you prefer I have? wut kind of dust cover? one of those ugly plain metal ones would be better? Strike Industires is really all about looks, most of the stuff they have is attachment and stuff to make it look neat anyways so saying I have bad quality parts because it's strike indusstries I think isn't really saying much and I'm wondering exactly wuts so wrong with it? do strike industries buttstocks crack? do their dust covers pop out and break? wut happens? maybe people could tell me that stuff besides saying my SI stuff isn't good cause this is the first time I've heard of this. So I'm guessing you would have no problem wth a magpul buttstock? so wut's so different from the magpul stock and the SI stock? I'd like some more educated critiques please

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    What're you trying to do with this rifle?
    Nothing really besides squishing zombies if I ever have to.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    well I don't understand all the crap I'm getting about using strike industries stuff. They make the parts that really have no impact on the actual fuctions of the gun. It's a buttstock, it's a tube, a bolt switch, a dust cover so relax and so wut if it's strike industries? Just like magpul crap it's made from plastic. Tell me, wut kind of butt would you prefer I have? wut kind of dust cover? one of those ugly plain metal ones would be better? Strike Industires is really all about looks, most of the stuff they have is attachment and stuff to make it look neat anyways so saying I have bad quality parts because it's strike indusstries I think isn't really saying much and I'm wondering exactly wuts so wrong with it? do strike industries buttstocks crack? do their dust covers pop out and break? wut happens? maybe people could tell me that stuff besides saying my SI stuff isn't good cause this is the first time I've heard of this. So I'm guessing you would have no problem wth a magpul buttstock? so wut's so different from the magpul stock and the SI stock? I'd like some more educated critiques please
    Uh uh, not going there. My wife already tries to trap me in that question.

In all seriousness, I am done feeding into your questions. Read more, type less until you have a bit more understanding of our community. Or, there is Arfcom, those guys will love another woman on there.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing your build. I liked it, except visually, until your personality got in the way.

ETA: For the record, it hasn't got anything to do with your gender, skill level, nothing like that. This community accepts a TON of people. Even with your build, you will get some rough comments, but some good critique and reasoning. Had you opened with: "Why is SI not liked, I have only heard good things." instead of quoting Youtube and other melarky while trying to justify your spending, we would be more keen. We don't care about what you paid for, what the material is. Whatever marketing justification you may have. If you want the truth, don't be combative about the answers you receive.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-26-17 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Uh uh, not going there. My wife already tries to trap me in that question.

In all seriousness, I am done feeding into your questions. Read more, type less until you have a bit more understanding of our community. Or, there is Arfcom, those guys will love another woman on there.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing your build. I liked it, except visually, until your personality got in the way.
    well all I wanted to know is why you don' t like the look of it cause everyone I know likes it plus I've posted my build on numerous forums since I started it and everyone there liked it so since this is the first time I'm hearing it I just wanted to know some specifics and saying it doesn't look good doesn't really tell me much. And saying SI isn't good quality seems like a mute point when the products used of so insignificance to the actual performance. I think it's just purely preference of look/style when it comes to buttstocks and dust covers and buttons and switches.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    well all I wanted to know is why you don' t like the look of it cause everyone I know likes it plus I've posted my build on numerous forums since I started it and everyone there liked it so since this is the first time I'm hearing it I just wanted to know some specifics and saying it doesn't look good doesn't really tell me much. And saying SI isn't good quality seems like a mute point when the products used of so insignificance to the actual performance. I think it's just purely preference of look/style when it comes to buttstocks and dust covers and buttons and switches.
    You're on a forum that's not built for that. We don't look at AR15s as accessories.

They're hard use tools. Quality reigns, as it's our life that depends on it. This forum isn't geared for the general enthusiast, it's more for those who want real answers, about real topics. Nonsense is just that around here: Non-Sense.

I didn't like the triple tone. Had it been a tan handguard, it would have been more aesthetically pleasing. I never made a comment about SI in my post, just that it's not regarded as "Quality" for us. In fact, I never even mentioned quality in my first post.

I have SI grips, SI QD plates, I use it on some of my builds. But, again, I put my components through paces, or try to, not use them as trophies or display items. I have plenty of other guns for that. (That's why it was asked: What are you going to use this for? As a Zombie/wall gun, go for it. For a true SD, Home defense gun, Many will balk at this.)

Again, be receptive, don't take things personally; or you won't like it here. We're to the point, and sometimes hard on eachother.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-26-17 at 15:10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast