Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Built my first AR Zombie Squisher

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Oh my.........

Feedback Score
    Well I want it to look pretty (which I think it does) and I want it to work good so if I wanted to use it for defense it would be no problem. I've only taken it to the range 2 times so far and only to try to adjust my gas block and have been having a hard time getting the bolt to lock back consistently. Sometimes it does but many other times it won't no matter how open I have my gas block even. So I just thought about maybe it's that sprinco blue spring so I ordered a white one from sprinco that says it's standard type and I just got it in the mail todeay so I'm gonna install that and try it again. The range makes you buy their fragment bullets so they were saying maybe it was because their bullets arn't making enough pressure but noone else that shoots ARs there have that problem but I really think now I just had the wrong spring, maybe that blue spring would work great for normal bullets but it has trouble with the range ones so this white spring I think should make it work. Buuuuuuuuuuuut when I was shooting even though I was havn't issues with my bolt locking back it would fire straight and smooth as butter with absolutely no recoil or muzzle rise which may have been due to my blue spring, I donno.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokicake View Post
    Well I want it to look pretty (which I think it does) and I want it to work good so if I wanted to use it for defense it would be no problem. I've only taken it to the range 2 times so far and only to try to adjust my gas block and have been having a hard time getting the bolt to lock back consistently. Sometimes it does but many other times it won't no matter how open I have my gas block even. So I just thought about maybe it's that sprinco blue spring so I ordered a white one from sprinco that says it's standard type and I just got it in the mail todeay so I'm gonna install that and try it again. The range makes you buy their fragment bullets so they were saying maybe it was because their bullets arn't making enough pressure but noone else that shoots ARs there have that problem but I really think now I just had the wrong spring, maybe that blue spring would work great for normal bullets but it has trouble with the range ones so this white spring I think should make it work. Buuuuuuuuuuuut when I was shooting even though I was havn't issues with my bolt locking back it would fire straight and smooth as butter with absolutely no recoil or muzzle rise which may have been due to my blue spring, I donno.
    Okay, last try...

If it's not locking back and giving you gassing issues, even with an adjustable block, you shouldn't rely on it for SD.

Try the spring, but check your gas block alignment too. Make sure everything is tightened down. If you didn't use threadlocker on the Gasblock it can easily come loose in the first few heating cycles it experiences.

Open your gas block fully, load one round at a time in your mags, and cycle the gas block closed (one increment at a time, firing a round at each increment) until it won't lock back, turn it two times back (open) and that's your setting. If you use weaker ammo, it will give problems with Adjustable blocks on occasion unless you leave them open enough for your weakest load.

As for the pretty comment, again, we're not here for AR15 necklaces. Just because the sling goes over our head, doesn't mean that it's primary function is to look good (it is however a bonus). If you want that, it's not here. Sorry, being blunt, but being honest.

Last post for a couple hours.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-26-17 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    Remember it's not the weapon that kills the zombie, it's the bullet.

The zombie does not care what your gun looks like or how pretty/scary/badass/expensive lookng it is. All he needs to know is that little .223 projectile is going to make him have a very bad day. And a single shot Thompson Center pistol with the right training can do that.

So getting hung up on "how does my weapon look" is pretty meaningless. Does it get the job done before the zombie does his job on you? That is the only relevant question.

All else is comfort and vanity (mostly vanity).

Feedback Score
    I can't wait to get back to the range and try it with the white spring! They are out of bullets though and have been for a few days so I hope they got some now cause I wanna go like maybe tomorrow or this weekend. I just finished summer school or I have more time to play now!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Please, convert this thread to a poll, so I can vote "Troll". There is too much going on here not to be. Who was recently banned around here that would be back?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Please, convert this thread to a poll, so I can vote "Troll". There is too much going on here not to be. Who was recently banned around here that would be back?
    wut exactly is trollish?!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Can I link the thread from ToS? It's pretty funny.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123