Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
Lets say your targeted by four guys and a driver/lookout.

They do just a little surveillance. Like drive by, learn the cars, the general area, if you have a dog, and where the master bedroom is. (often the last place with lights on at night)

They decide to attack as you sleep. (instead of say, while your transitioning from work to car or car to home, etc)

When they think your asleep they drive up and go to the door they want to enter (and have a back up entry plan) Preferably something glass, or perhaps they go though two entrances at once. How much time will there be from the first alarm (security system, your ears, your dogs ears, etc) to when you can observe, orient, and act? (Grab a weapon) They might even be entering the master bedroom itself from outside though a window, french door, or an opening just adjacent. How much time will take them to get to you if your the primary target? 3 seconds? 20 seconds? if they attack your master bedroom it's closer to zero seconds.

It's not much time. Given this scenario, such a crew would have at least some long guns and very possibly armor. What are your odds? Not good. It's just the reality of such an attack.

Just something to keep in mind. This plan only requires a BG with an average IQ and no training to consider.

If it is the local SWAT team with the wrong house they should be good enough to take your place and have you in cuffs literally before you know it. If not, they suck, and will likely get hurt or killed while the home owner is also killed. That's just how that usually goes. (I sure as hell wouldn't throw my hands up just because someone with a gun and a flash light in my house yells, "police!")

How would you attack your home with a few guys? How about someone you know? Think about it and see what you come up with.
Already discussed in the above link.

I actually live in a very safe gated community, so break in's are not a big concern. We have not had a single one in several years.

I'm more worried about retribution for my career choice. So I would expect 2-4 guys with rifles and/or shotguns. If they are smart the will just hit me with a guage through a window after spotting me through crack in the blinds or something. If they go the smash in the front and back door at the same time route, i'm gonna get 1 or 2 before they hit the kill switch, more if I have time to bleed out.

Either way, if I'm deliberately targeted I'm a goner, but the cops better find me in a pool of blood and brass.