Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying new car help

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    I know she will drive it for many years.

She is looking at Honda CRVs
    Honda is all direct injection now. Do they have any high mileage cars with these new engines? BMW has been doing direct injection for a number of years if you want to read about carbon buildup. I think the next 5 years will be interesting with so many manufacturers have recently switched to direct injection.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    When we are talking about invoice pricing and TMV are we talking about OTD price or taxes/title extra?

Feedback Score
    I hate buying new cars or trucks in my case. After politicians, insurance agents/people and bankers, stealership mostly sales managers are right up there with the people I really dislike.

Paid cash for my new truck. Spent the least amount of time dealing with sales people I've ever spent doing it. In and out, no games. Ended up buying online from an out of state dealer who was great.

Good luck, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Thanks everyone for the information.

She did add the Nissan Rogue so it will be between the 2. Where she wants to go has each with exactly what she wants.

Unfortunately she will be very specific on what she wants and wants to leave with a new car today.... When she wants something she wants it yesterday which will ultimately hurt my dealings but maybe since there are 2 vehicles involved and separate Honda and Nissan sides maybe that can help.

I've taken all the info I've read and have done a bunch of research. I told her I'm not walking in there and bending over.

We will see how this goes this afternoon.

Feedback Score

She did add the Nissan Rogue so it will be between the 2. Where she wants to go has each with exactly what she wants.

Unfortunately she will be very specific on what she wants and wants to leave with a new car today.... When she wants something she wants it yesterday which will ultimately hurt my dealings but maybe since there are 2 vehicles involved and separate Honda and Nissan sides maybe that can help.

I've taken all the info I've read and have done a bunch of research. I told her I'm not walking in there and bending over.

Negotiate for both of them before you even get there and tell them you will chose once you have inspected them. If not you will be there for hours and will get raped. Use Truecar or something like that to do it, or at least do it by email before you arrive.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Bravo; 07-28-17 at 09:26.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Negotiate for both of them before you even get there. If not you will be there for hours and will get raped. Use Truecar or something like that to do it, or at least do it by email before you arrive.
    Good idea.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The more specific you are, the less bargaining power you have. The more flexible you are on things like color, models, etc the better deal you'll get. If she goes with you with a "I want it in blue, with this color leather, etc, etc" they will focus on making her happy and throw you under the bus knowing she's making the decisions and is emotionally driven vs focused on the numbers that matter.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The more specific you are, the less bargaining power you have. The more flexible you are on things like color, models, etc the better deal you'll get. If she goes with you with a "I want it in blue, with this color leather, etc, etc" they will focus on making her happy and throw you under the bus knowing she's making the decisions and is emotionally driven vs focused on the numbers that matter.
    Yeah and the fact that she is set on leaving with a car today I told her we might as well walk in and bend over.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Negotiate for both of them before you even get there and tell them you will chose once you have inspected them. If not you will be there for hours and will get raped. Use Truecar or something like that to do it, or at least do it by email before you arrive.
    Negotiating before you get there is pointless. Where I worked they wouldn't even entertain offers. They typical answer was.....you haven't even seen the car, you don't know if it even has an engine. Come test drive it and if you like it we'll talk!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah and the fact that she is set on leaving with a car today I told her we might as well walk in and bend over.
    If that's her attitude, I'd hand her the keys to the car and say "let me know what you get" and be done cuz you'll have steam coming out your ears and a big fight later on. Me, I'd set the ground rules before going in as who is the negotiator/talker and who is the wing man/woman. My GF knows I will get us a good deal within 15 mins if she lets me do my thing. She fights me on all kinda stuff, but not that. She lets me know what she wants in the car having done her research on line, and I get the deal done.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast