Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying new car help

Feedback Score
    Depends on the dealer, some will and some won't. Also, many of the websites thst claim to provide invoice price are not accurate. I saw it many times.

Cash deal doesn't mean much anymore. If you have great credit then capitalize on it.

If you live near a Costco, spend $100 and purchase a membership. They will refer you to a fleet dealer for Honda. Something that many folks don't know is that even a non-Honda dealer can order a car for you. However, depending on allocation certain models are harder to get. I.E., Chevy Z06 Corvette, or Ford Shelby Mustang, etc.

Finding a CRV should be easy. Check out truecar and if that doesn't work go to Costco.

It's been a few years since I was in the business, but I believe the largest revenue generator for the dealer is still the Service and Parts Department. That's where they really make their money.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used truecar for the best pricing and put in the closest metropolitan area for the best prices. Even though I'm 150 miles away from the bigger cities the dealership matched the price.

Beware after entering in my info I received calls (about 15-18 total everyday) from about 10 different dealerships that lasted for 4 weeks. Then I don't know if it was a coincidence but about two weeks later I started getting a 5 or 6 spam/scam/telemarketers phone calls each day, still going on. So I don't know if true car sells your info.

Now I try not to give out my phone number because I'm on call 24/7 and if I was called to work at 2 am the night before then I sleep during the day and I get annoying phone calls because the shitheads call twice back to back which overrides my do not disturb on my phone. Don't get me started on telemarketers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're looking at NEW cars and in a position to wait the wait a few months. New models start coming in around September and October. Last year's models need to be moved.

CRV, RAV4 and Rogues are very popular so the amount you can negotiate may not be much

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 07-27-17 at 10:05.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    Yeah I don't want anything to do with talking payments.

I did not know that I might be able to see an invoice.
    You can and will of you ask. Only had a few to date say no, and that's the end of my interest in that dealership. Had one guy tell me those that show you are faked numbers. I have several pals that are GMs at large dealerships and they told that was total BS and no one would risk losing a dealership to save a few $ making fake books. I reported him to Ford Corportate for being a lying sack of shit. You can also find what they paid on line, but not always 100% accurate.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    Depends on the dealer, some will and some won't. Also, many of the websites thst claim to provide invoice price are not accurate. I saw it many times.

Cash deal doesn't mean much anymore. If you have great credit then capitalize on it.

If you live near a Costco, spend $100 and purchase a membership. They will refer you to a fleet dealer for Honda. Something that many folks don't know is that even a non-Honda dealer can order a car for you. However, depending on allocation certain models are harder to get. I.E., Chevy Z06 Corvette, or Ford Shelby Mustang, etc.

Finding a CRV should be easy. Check out truecar and if that doesn't work go to Costco.

It's been a few years since I was in the business, but I believe the largest revenue generator for the dealer is still the Service and Parts Department. That's where they really make their money.
    And those that will not, you simply walk out the door. Problem solved. In my 30 years of buying cars from all manner of brands, I can recall two that refused. They didn't get my business.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    If you're looking at NEW cars and in a position to wait the wait a few months. New models start coming in around September and October. Last year's models need to be moved.

CRV, RAV4 and Rogues are very popular so the amount you can negotiate may not be much

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    This. I bought a '15 Escape for 1700 under invoice after all incentives, deals, and them not wanting me to walk out without a car in October of '15 because it was a last year model and they had 5 16's sitting right next to it. Wait a few months and it will save you a thousand or so. I also got 0% APR for 72 months with all of the rebates and incentives too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    ditto costco

good thing is the price is what it is and if they dink with you on it the whole dealership can loose costco buying so they will just do it on the pricing which is often about the best it can get based as mentioned above on what it is

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

I'm for waiting but my wife wants things yesterday.

Feedback Score
    I bought a new car through the Costco fleet dealer program last year. Couldn't be happier. The dealer was fantastic to work with. Attentive, but never pushy. Helpful, but not trying to "sell" me anything. The price is already set at just over invoice, so there was no haggling to be done. Its fantastic. Further, I was having trouble with my work schedule finding time to go down to the dealer and sign the paper work, so they delivered the car to my home and we signed the paper work on my kitchen table. Easy peasy. No problems, no fuss, no muss. I thought there had to be a catch. There wasn't.

I was getting a new Tacoma and all the dealers within 50 miles of me wanted to tack on an extra $3000-5000 over MSPR. When I protested, they all shrugged and told me they didn't care, as they had a list of people in line to buy it if I didn't want it. Some of them were very rude, snotty, or dismissive about it too. They weren't lying either as I saw those same trucks with the dealer plates driving around town after someone else bought them.

After the sale, Toyota Motor Co. sent me a survey to complete. I happily shared my opinion of the dealers around me. I let them know that I would never do business with those A-holes and that their fine reputation as a company is being tarnished by these local jerks here. The survey was trying to find out why I used a dealership that was 100 miles away from me instead of one of the many that were within a few minutes of my house. They asked me about each individual dealership that I chose not to use, and I shared names and described what went on. Then I waxed poetic about how wonderful my experience was with the dealership that sold me the car. Again I mentioned names, and this time I let the compliments flow. One year later, I'm still sporting the dealer's license plate holders because I am so pleased with the service I received. I never do that sort of thing.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    get a few quotes from "credit unions" for a car loan, they are usually cheaper and offer longer payment plans, the dealership might offer you 0% or some type of "no money down, 1000 allowance, same as cash" special but the price is obviously the price. All dealerships negotiate but you might need to shop around for the financing part. When I bought my car, they had a 0% 60/mo no money down, up to $2000 off and $1000 allowance and all that applied only to cars that were on the lot that had been sitting for a while. I know the Crv has good resale and are popular cars. I know a lot of young people have them because insurance is cheap.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast