Thread: Tech Gurus: Galaxy S5 Battery Replacement Q's

Feedback Score

Tech Gurus: Galaxy S5 Battery Replacement Q's

Hey Gang,

I need to replace the battery in my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A.

I'm wondering if any of the aftermarket batteries that you can find on Amazon are better than the factory replacement? Do any of them truly offer better performance? What does the M4C tech braintrust recommend, stock or aftermarket?

Thanks,
    Big A
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Not a tech expert, but...

I went to Batteries Plus, and they had a Duracell replacement. Bought it, it worked Ok. Years later, I go back looking for a new one... they saw the Duracell battery and said 'those are a Batteries Plus exclusive... We'll give you a new one free'.

Can't argue with that.

Having bought several 'factory' replacement batteries in third world countries that worked for three minutes, I'm leery of buying online except from vetted sources.
    Last edited by eodinert; 07-28-17 at 07:56.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post

Having bought several 'factory' replacement batteries in third world countries that worked for three minutes, I'm leery of buying online except from vetted sources.
    Third world countries are famous for cheap and fake knock offs electronics.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought a samsung-branded replacement for my S5 off Amazon, ignoring the many warnings in the reviews. It held even less charge than the battery I had. It cost almost as much to return it as the purchase price, which I guess is what the seller is counting on. I returned it anyway, for the principle of it. Still looking for a good replacement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Third world countries are famous for cheap and fake knock offs electronics.
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    I bought a samsung-branded replacement for my S5 off Amazon, ignoring the many warnings in the reviews. It held even less charge than the battery I had. It cost almost as much to return it as the purchase price, which I guess is what the seller is counting on. I returned it anyway, for the principle of it. Still looking for a good replacement.
    That's why I always buy stuff marked as:"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com". It's not foolproof but it does cut down on the counterfeits.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Not a tech expert, but...
    I went to Batteries Plus, and they had a Duracell replacement. Bought it, it worked Ok.
    I got a Duracell from the same store (walk in) in an rush day before a long trip. It's been a year - I regularly swap between it & two other Samsung factory batteries & can't tell a difference, so I wouldn't mind buying again if I had to.