Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking about a pistol can

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    You don't get the $200 tax paid. When you buy through SS... you look up your dealer. after you log in. Then he will price for that silencer. That's what you pay. No more, no less. That's his price to you through SS. When it arrives, you pick it up. Deal done.

BUT.. you still have to pay the $200 .gov tax.. Actually on SS, I think it's $205 which is some sort of $5 process fee. They file all the forms. You send your copy of Trust to your Dealer.. SS does the transfer to your Dealer.

So an $850 suppressor will be $1055.- from you.
    Gotcha. That makes a lot more sense. I think the TiRant 9M would make more sense then. This can is going to be a dedicated subgun can since I don't think I would ever stick it on a pistol. Shot a suppressed pistol once, didn't like it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I'm purchasing a suppressor I stop my search with Surefire and Silencerco. Surefire for centerfire rifle stuff and Silencerco for everything else. Think about what you want out of it and pick from there. Only pistols? Osprey. Maybe the occasional subgun/you want to clean it? Octane.

With that said, I don't have direct experience with the Ryder9, so I can't speak to it. My other Surefire cans are top notch and incredibly well built. I'm sure it is as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recommend the aac tirant or the silwncer co / swr can, both are wonderful, and easy to clean when I shoot lead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The new DeadAIr is named Wolf-9SD

Old school styling combined with new technology. The Wolf-9SD is what your 9mm sub gun has been missing. The solid welded core is built to withstand the abuse of full auto fire and keep going for years of service. Extreme silence is epitomized in the long configuration, or unscrew the removable front module and embrace the thrill of making your sub gun more compact.
    Looks to be a two piece that goes from full length to half length. The rear half a bit larger in diameter than front half. Not sure if that means the front half would screw on a pistol thread barrel or not.

Announcing the Wolf-9SD
    Making all other sub gun silencers obsolete.
    Certainly worth the couple weeks wait to see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXGU6PQFh7h/
    Last edited by tb-av; 07-31-17 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Get a light one.

Griffin Alpha at 14.5 oz or so will not allow my VP9 to cycle. Not that I bought it for that purpose, but not everything works well on certain pistols. Apparently the VP9 is touchy in that regard. Plus even if it did cycle, it's just too much front weight. It doesn't feel right.
    You might try upping the recoil spring weight on the VP9.

Feedback Score
    If you have one in mind (seems like dead air ghost) then just buy that one. In my experience they all have pros / cons and at the end of the day I don't really prefer one of my pistol cans strongly over another. If you just want a quiet 45, the Ti-rant deal at capitol armory for $350 is hard to beat and sometimes you can get a good deal on transfer fees if you contact one of the smaller FFLs on the silencershop list for your area.

I have the Ti-rant 9 and the Ti-rant 45M from AAC and they've been good cans. I typically run the 45M in the short config and it is perhaps slightly louder than the Octane 45K. The Ti-rants also have a "zero adjust" feature that is nice if it's dedicated to one gun but pretty much useless if you move it around alot. It only really makes a big difference if you do alot of shooting at 25y or farther. Osprey is cool but the little locking lever on mine droops a little now after being adjusted so many times. It does enable a slightly cleaner sight picture but if you shoot with both eyes open I don't find it that big of a deal to have a fat can. If you really don't want to obstruct the sights the Surefire is a little slimmer but I think it's only available in 9mm for now.

If you're going sub-gun or you'll be using it on a pistol equipped with a red dot sight of some kind I say go fat and/or short. The Omega 9k / 45k and similar cans (new dead air wolf mentioned in a previous post) are able to keep overall length down with similar internal volume just by going to a larger diameter. Silencerco just updated their 3-lug to not be horrendously long, or you can use the Griffin 3-lug with the silencerco stuff. Sub-guns usually look better with shorter, fat mufflers and the extra barrel length over the typical pistol means that they're usually a little quieter in my experience. The 9k is also rated for 300blk sub/super if that's your thing.
    Pistol suppressors in general are kind of inconvenient, but fun.
    In the end, I can't recall anyone I know that hated their silencer. There might be a few nit-picks with it but that's usually the best excuse to work towards buying the next one.
    Follow me on Instagram @triggerguard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123