Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a pistol can

Feedback Score
    Have you considered the SiCo Osprey? I have the 45 can and is works incredibly well on every Pistol caliber I own...plus no need for tall suppressor sights as the top of the can is flush with the slides (g19, m&p and vp9)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Normally I would agree, but there is no option to ass a $200 tax stamp like with some other cans, and the part on the right hand side of the website says "price includes all transfer fees." I am not sure how to read it any other way.
    Trust me....I've purchased 3 suppressors from Silencer Shop. Only transfer fees are included in the price. When you add the suppressor to your cart, you will see an area prompting you that a Tax Stamp is needed. When you click on the link, it will take you here: https://www.silencershop.com/form-4-tax-stamp.html
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    AAC 9m gives up a lot of performance in exchange for 2oz and 0.325" compared to similar silencers
    Lay the performance talk on us!

My buddy has the old Tirant 9 and just got an Obsidian. He is very unhappy with the 9mm performance of the Obsidian Long (G19 and P226). I need to go shoot with him to see whats what. I have the 9mm end cap but most say it does very little.

I suppose another point is that most folks seem to point guys to "do all" cans like 7.62 and now modular 45s, even though they shoot mostly 5.56 and 9mm. The word about the Obsidian being as quiet as a 9mm can made it a no-brainer for me. If the HPA passes I would love 10-12oz direct thread 5.56 and an Omega 9K for the PCC.

SilencerShop #s:

Tirant 9M
    Weight: 9.5 ounces (full configuration); 7.75 ounces (short configuration)
    Length: 8” (full); 5.8” (short)

Obsidian
    Weight: 12.8 ounces (full configuration); 10.7 ounces (short configuration)
    Length: 8.6” (full); 6.7” (short)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Ti-Rant 45 is $350 right now at cap city - http://www.capitolarmory.com/advance...essor-671.html

Crazy deal!
    That sure looks good!
    Any "cons" to the Tirant 45?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    That sure looks good!
    Its long but quiet. Blast baffle is stainless steel, tube is titanium, and the rest of the baffles are aluminum. The aluminum baffles can be an issue for cleaning as AAC does not recommend using a sonic cleaners. I have a Ti-Rant 9 I run on a sub gun and I clean the aluminum baffles with a soda blaster from harbor freight. The stainless blast baffle you can blast, sonic clean, or tumble with stainless pins.

If you are looking for a light quiet can, it's a smoking deal. If you are looking for a can for home defence you would probably want to go with a shorter can. As I said above I use mine on a 9mm sub gun and its awesome.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    That sure looks good!
    I have one. Good suppressor. I use it for both 9mm and 45. If one is shooting only 9mm, a dedicated 9mm suppressor will be quieter.

The Tirant 9 which is no longer availble was one of the quietest 9mm suppressors on the market.
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 07-28-17 at 08:43.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thinking about a pistol can

I'd look into the latest Gen 3 Griffin Armament Revolution 45 can.

Serviceable & rifle rated.

Rev9 9mm full auto rated, Rev45 45acp full auto rated

Rev9 & 45, ALL configurations below – 5 TO 7 ROUNDS then allow to cool to ambient temperature. - These ratings are intended for sporting (hunting) use only.

Revolution Rifle Rating
    Full Size w/ K-Spacer & Mini Blast Shield
    300 BLK Super 9”
    5.56mm 11.5”
    7.62x39 14.5”

K Configuration w/ K-Spacer & Mini Blast Shield
    300BLK Sub/Super 16”
    5.56mm 16” 7.62x39 16”

3 Lug K and full size
    (7.62x39 for CZ527 only or firearms with regular length threads [.625" long] )
    300 BLK 8” Sub
    300 BLK 16” Super
    5.56mm 16”

INCLUDES:

.578x28 PISTON
    Revolution Wrench
    Front Cap take down tool

** New Revolution Tool is only included with the 3rd Generation (MOD3) of Revolution Silencers.

CLICK HERE FOR MANUAL

Diameter:1.375”
    Overall Length:8.2” Full size, 6.75" (K config)
    Weight:12 ounces full config 10.5oz (short)
    Materials:17-4PH Stainless Steel and 7075 T6 Aluminum
    Attachment:booster piston, Griffin 3 Lug assemblies, direct thread adapters
    DB Attenuation:SPL: 130bd (Full Length) 138.5db (Short)
    Finish:Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodizing, Black Oxide, H900 Heat treat
    Full Auto Rated: Yes
    Last edited by Ryno12; 07-28-17 at 09:32.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Normally I would agree, but there is no option to ass a $200 tax stamp like with some other cans, and the part on the right hand side of the website says "price includes all transfer fees." I am not sure how to read it any other way.
    You don't get the $200 tax paid. When you buy through SS... you look up your dealer. after you log in. Then he will price for that silencer. That's what you pay. No more, no less. That's his price to you through SS. When it arrives, you pick it up. Deal done.

BUT.. you still have to pay the $200 .gov tax.. Actually on SS, I think it's $205 which is some sort of $5 process fee. They file all the forms. You send your copy of Trust to your Dealer.. SS does the transfer to your Dealer.

So an $850 suppressor will be $1055.- from you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Lay the performance talk on us!

My buddy has the old Tirant 9 and just got an Obsidian. He is very unhappy with the 9mm performance of the Obsidian Long (G19 and P226). I need to go shoot with him to see whats what. I have the 9mm end cap but most say it does very little.

I suppose another point is that most folks seem to point guys to "do all" cans like 7.62 and now modular 45s, even though they shoot mostly 5.56 and 9mm. The word about the Obsidian being as quiet as a 9mm can made it a no-brainer for me. If the HPA passes I would love 10-12oz direct thread 5.56 and an Omega 9K for the PCC.

SilencerShop #s:

Tirant 9M
    Weight: 9.5 ounces (full configuration); 7.75 ounces (short configuration)
    Length: 8” (full); 5.8” (short)

Obsidian
    Weight: 12.8 ounces (full configuration); 10.7 ounces (short configuration)
    Length: 8.6” (full); 6.7” (short)
    The revolution 9 is 9.8 oz, 6.2" long and has 5 db over the 9m (rev9 numbers in short configuration).
    I really considered the 9m until I saw the sound numbers from silencership tests(134db). The rev 9 averaged 128 in the short configuration.

Don't know about the obsidian or other silencers, but I researched those 2 and bought the revolution.
    The original ti-rant had great sound reduction, iirc, but it is long.

Fwiw, the rev actually sounds quieter to the shooter in the short configuration, I'm guessing due to reduced port pressure? I shot it once in long and have been running short ever since.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-28-17 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does anyone here have experience with the Surefire Ryder 9Ti? If so, how does it stack up to the others mentioned?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast