Thread: Review: Ghost In The Shell

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Review: Ghost In The Shell

A highly anticipated movie based on the classic Japanese anime movie. I was stoked they planned to make it a movie with latest CGI, but disappointed in the casting of Scarlett Johansson in the lead, and that only got worse when seeing it. I get that having a big name in the lead sells tickets, but at no time watching this movie are you not always aware you're watching Scarlett Johansson with black hair play the Major vs ever seeing past it to get into this movie.

All the pieces are there for a classic sci fi movie, and they did a commendable job of sticking to the original movie, but it just never comes together to be the movie it could have been. See the trailer and you pretty much seen this movie and the original anime movie still better. I think a no name actress who looked a bit more like the anime character, leaner and athletic, vs the more curvy and very caucasian Johansson would have been a winner. I like Johansson and found she was good for her last sci fi role in Lucy, but this was not her movie. The supporting cast is solid but Johansson is preverbial you know what in the punch bowl of this movie. B-/C+

Last edited by WillBrink; 07-27-17 at 13:31.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”