Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare repeal fails. Three republicans vote no.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The republican establishment does not want obamacare repealed and most of them want obamacare. I have been saying this for years.

They all vote NO during a time when they have political cover knowing it will be the law of the land and blame it on democrats. When it comes time to actually repeal it, these same votes are not there. Why? Because many of them want obmamacare.
    Last edited by scottryan; 07-28-17 at 10:24.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Both parties are in tatters. The GOP is a bunch of idiots who can't see past their shoes and the Dems are nothing more than collection of Balkanized interest groups so self centered that they can't see that their coalition is at odds with itself.

So we end up with single payer. Due to most chuckle heads not hacking life and providing for themselves, we pretty much are there with Medicaid. Throw in Medicare and we all but have single payer already when you look at the number of people getting care. The AI docs better pan out because you can't run the current medical system on medicaid reimbursement rates. So, you'll go through single payer to full socialized- basically VA hospitals for all. Just look at the debacle we have here in CO with the new VA hospital in Aurora. No offense to people that work at VA hospitals, but you want to see angry voters, wait till the soccer moms get VA style care when it comes to baby deliveries. No more hotel looking suites and valet parking.

So neither party can or wants to lead.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't see won't acknowledge the obvious...as others have said the PARTY had years to prepare a viable replacement. Everything they have provided since Trump took office is just as bad as O-care. Why replace it with something just as bad? Fully repeal or pass something better. This was neither, glad it didn't pass.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can always count on McCain and Susan 'Rattle Head' Collins to upset the apple cart.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm convinced that the GOP as a whole only exists at this point to cast the illusion of a two party system.. Politicians are a step down from used car salesmen. You know they are lying when their mouths move.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I don't see won't acknowledge the obvious...as others have said the PARTY had years to prepare a viable replacement. Everything they have provided since Trump took office is just as bad as O-care. Why replace it with something just as bad? Fully repeal or pass something better. This was neither, glad it didn't pass.
    At this point a full repeal is the only logical step. That won't happen though because it shows that half of the GOP are clueless and the other half are waiting for some Lobbyists to write the Bill for them.
    They would be exposed as the fraudulent idiots they truly are.
    Doing away with the ACA and opening up the system to National, not State wide competition would bring us back to or better than where we were before this boondoggle started.
    I'm with POTUS Trump at this point. Let it totally fail and force them to fix it afterwards.
    If the States want some form of ACA let them set up a system for themselves. I really don't think the Feds have a very good track record with this type of policy anyway.

Calling them Used Car Salesmen only gives Used Car Salesmen a bad name.
    Last edited by Averageman; 07-28-17 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

Due to most chuckle heads not hacking life and providing for themselves, we pretty much are there with Medicaid.

Overall, 17% of Americans were on Medicaid in 2015. Overall, of the non-elderly families on Medicaid, 63% of the families had at least one full time worker, only 23% had no one working. So it seems that most of the folks on Medicaid are trying to support their families.

The highest percentages on Medicaid by state were as follows, the first percentage is the percent of population on Medicaid, second percentage is number of families on Medicaid not working:
    West Virginia 23% (RED) 34% not working; Maine 23% (BLUE) 21% not working; Vermont 21% (BLUE) 22% not working. Followed by these states with 20% of the population on Medicaid: Alabama (RED) 34% not working, Arkansas (RED) 29% not working, Florida (TOSS UP) 25% not working, New Hampshire (BLUE) 21% not working, Montana (RED) 20% not working, and Pennsylvania (BLUE) 29% not working.

Surprisingly, to me anyways, the four lowest states were Alaska 11% (RED) 19% not working; Utah 12% (RED) 16% not working; District of Columbia (BLUE) 33% not working, and Texas (RED) at 13%, 21% not working. Closely followed by these two states with 14% of the population on Medicaid: California (BLUE) 20% not working, and Colorado (BLUE) 15% not working.

I'm sure someone can make something of those trends, the colors are based on the last four presidential elections. What I see is a disconnect in the narrative that all folks on Medicaid are lazy slugs. Seems to me that maybe some of the legislators we are denigrating see that also and want to make sure they have some cover.

Throw in Medicare and we all but have single payer already when you look at the number of people getting care.

During a 44 year work career I've paid in roughly 2.25% of my total earned wages to Medicare. The deal was those funds were supposed to be set aside/used to fund the program. I don't know what, or how, you intend to pay for health insurance when you retire, but Medicare is the deal we are and were offered. Shit like not letting Medicare competitivelt price drugs drives up costs and makes pharmaceutical richer on the backs of taxpayers. Fix that and we will go a long way toward reeling in costs.

The AI docs better pan out because you can't run the current medical system on medicaid reimbursement rates.

Hospitals don't go broke treating Medicaid and Medicare patients. Look at how those rates are set, do you think that the doctors who help set those rates are going to set them so low they would go broke? No. The truth is they don't maximize profits taking Medicare or Medicaid patients.

Wait till the soccer moms get VA style care when it comes to baby deliveries. No more hotel looking suites and valet parking.

A good number of those birthing suites and private rooms were built to burn off money from excess money that non-profit hospitals generated from their out of whack billing systems. That and obscene wages for administrators.

So neither party can or wants to lead.
    Don't get me wrong, I think both sides for the most part are bought and paid for. But it doesn't help that we have a population full of self-centered pr#$ks that only want to look out for themselves and f%^k everyone else. Evidence of that is everywhere you look, starting with the percentage of Americans who serve the Nation in one capacity or another. I do not think this 'eff you buddy, I'm getting mine' is what the founders envisioned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think both sides for the most part are bought and paid for. But it doesn't help that we have a population full of self-centered pr#$ks that only want to look out for themselves and f%^k everyone else. Evidence of that is everywhere you look, starting with the percentage of Americans who serve the Nation in one capacity or another. I do not think this 'eff you buddy, I'm getting mine' is what the founders envisioned.
    No, but it has a snowball effect that feeds on itself. If you are a "producer", meaning you actually go to friggin' work and pay taxes, pay your bills on time, and manage your finances respectably, it is a self-protection mechanism to say "Screw them" when you see a growing welfare-state of entitlements that YOU don't get but sure as hell are paying for. The "disabled" are a totally different class than they were 40 or 50 years ago. Obesity, fibro (don't get me started on that one), anxiety (BOO!!! Now pull up your bootstraps and deal with it), crap like that means SSI and Medicare. Don't have enough gumption to work anywhere other than Wal Mart and you're 50yo? No problemo, .gov will take from the rest of us and pay your Obamacare premiums. It's garbage like that which leads many people to say "Screw my fellow countryman".

I know you are a religiously oriented person 26th, but I'm NOT my brother's keeper. That ship sailed a L-O-N-G time ago. Too many in the wagon and a dwindling number of those pulling the damn thing! In my case it's not "Well what's in it for me?" but instead "I'm tired of footing the bill for YOU, go screw yourself I don't give a damn about you". Like I said, the Founders may not have envisioned that but they certainly didn't envision the rest of the story that drove people to that attitude.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-28-17 at 14:09.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    The truth of this whole thing is it does not really matter if it is repealed or not. All this did was show the American people how their representatives will vote on the issue.

All of the power is in Trumps hand. If he wants it to go away he simply has to ignore it and do nothing. It is that simple.

Here is why:
    The Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR) is not a part of the ACA law. It is an afterthought that was funded via a Obama EO.
    The CSR is the only thing that makes what limited insurance companies participate in the ACA.
    If there are no insurance companies in the ACA then Obamacare simply dies.
    Knowing that the CSR may not be funded for 2018 all Qualified Health Plans (QHP) submitting bids have a clause in their submissions that if the CSR goes away they can withdraw immediately from the ACA.

So how many people think that Trump is going to sign an EO that will throw away billions of dollars?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So why doesn't the guy just EO the CSR out of existence today?
    Just defund the whole disaster and force their hand?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast