Thread: Rather have a S&W 547 or a Korth 9mm L frame conversion w host...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rather have a S&W 547 or a Korth 9mm L frame conversion w host...

Which would you rather have and why?

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Both of course! I have a 686 already so the conversion makes sense. But how much $$ are the speedloaders? Korth is rather proud of their stuff..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Both of course! I have a 686 already so the conversion makes sense. But how much $$ are the speedloaders? Korth is rather proud of their stuff..
    Yeah, the korth 9mm L frame speed loaders are definitely unique/proprietary and most likely expensive.

I think I'm going to just stick with the 3 547's I already own (2 4" and one 3"). I had been considering selling one to buy a korth conversion. But, now, I'm like, naaah.

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dang! Where did you find one? Let alone three?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Dang! Where did you find one? Let alone three?
    Well, it did take 20 years to acquire them.

I also HAD a 940 2" and still DO HAVE a 3" 940 (extremely rare, only a few hundred made and most people, even S&W collectors don't know about them)

TEDIMG_0144.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been collecting stuff since I was a teenager. My Mom (super awesome) gave me my first handgun (a Glock 20 10mm for bears and for a psycho abusive father with an ineffective/ignored DVRO). Back then there was no CCW, and I was a teenager anyways so I open carried, but it's Alaska so I never had an issue. Just in case though I did actually have a permission note from my "Mommy" that was notarized. Seriously. I was a teenage kid open carrying a 10mm Glock around town with a Mom says it's ok note!!

Once, my tire blew out and I was on my way to meet my mom (at a gun shop actually!!). This was before cell phones. I flagged an APD cop down and he took my gun off me but then gave me a ride to the gun shop and dropped me off to meet my mom. We talked guns the whole way. At the time APD was just issuing G21's and he asked why I went with the "exotic" 10mm. I said bears and 2 more rounds!! He was like yeah ok makes sense.

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

It took many years to find some of the parts and pieces I have.

TED
    Last edited by TED; 07-28-17 at 16:17.