Thread: Animated Explanation of Glock Pistol Function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Animated Explanation of Glock Pistol Function

I thought this video was extremely well done and informative:

Feedback Score
    thanks that is well done.learn something new every day very nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great explanation. thanks for sharing!

Feedback Score
    It is kinda/sorta accurate. The animation depicts the order and way things happen in the ejection cycle wrong, but not in a way that is likely to matter to someone trying to understand what the parts of the gun do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    It is kinda/sorta accurate. The animation depicts the order and way things happen in the ejection cycle wrong, but not in a way that is likely to matter to someone trying to understand what the parts of the gun do.
    Um..what? For me the video was providing precisely that kind of helpful information in understanding what the parts of the gun do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JJHNSN View Post
    Um..what? For me the video was providing precisely that kind of helpful information in understanding what the parts of the gun do.
    Which is what I said: "...not in a way that is likely to matter to someone trying to understand what the parts of the gun do."

But the slide starts moving while the round is still moving in the barrel, and the barrel doesn't begin tilting down until the forward barrel lug impacts the locking block - unlike what the video shows. The voice over also makes it sound like the gun won't fire unless in full battery, but that isn't true and there really isn't a mechanism for that.

Like I said, "kinda/sorta accurate".