Thread: My first backpacking tent! Vargo stove, fatwood, and hiking action!

Feedback Score

My first backpacking tent! Vargo stove, fatwood, and hiking action!

I usually car camp and bring really heavy gear with me, but this summer I decided to venture deeper into the woods and try to see what lies beyond the road. At 5 lbs this tent isn't considered "ultra light" by any means. Next time I'm going to leave the tent pegs and tent footprint at home to save space.

In the video, we backpacked to a place in Southern California called Little Jimmy Campground. The only water came from a natural spring! We found fatwood, the Sikly BigBoy made sawing firewood really easy. I also tested out a Vargo Titanium stove with mixed results.

What I really like about this tent is that it's relatively light, waterproof to a high rating, and lots of ventilation. The rain fly goes all the way down and helps keep the wind out, big plus for me since I get cold easy. Only negative for me is that there's only one door so it's hard not to disturb your tent mate.

For me, it's the perfect size for my me and my girlfriend. I like keeping my gear inside the tent and leave our boots in the vestibule right outside the front door.

If anybody is interested here's the video review:

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Not trying to rain on your parade, but are you just here to fish for hits to your tube channel? At the very least, you should put that info in your sig line.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    TXBK is correct.

You need to disclose your affiliation with your company in your sigline, per forum rules:

https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq...q_new_faq_item

5) Industry Disclosure – If you are an industry manufacturer/dealer or employed by one you must disclose this relationship through your screen name or signature line. Anonymous industry trolling will not be allowed.

Feedback Score
    I actually bought this tent. I'll post a screenshot the receipt. I'm not very good at making review videos especially breaking down the specs. I'm a gear head, I like being equipped and sharing my experiences with equipment I like. I'm not near my laptop but when I get home tomorrow I'll take a screenshot of the receipt.

Feedback Score
    I sent screenshots to two moderators.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I think that you misunderstood what I was asking.

Are you here, on this forum, fishing for hits on your video channel? That is how all of your threads have come across, to me. If that is something that you are making money to do, or hoping to at some point, then you are "using" this forum. The least you could do is list that in your sig line. Something like, "Shameless plugger of <Insert> YouTube Channel".
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Four threads started. All promoting your YouTube channel. That's cool...I guess.

Feedback Score
    I am trying to share my videos with people who have similar interests. My videos are not monetized. I don't think that's against the rules, I contacted 2 moderators and I will do as they instruct. If they don't want me to share my videos then I won't. If they want me to add the sig line, I will.

Feedback Score
    I'll add a sig line like you suggested