Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Sheep Dog Complaint

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yman View Post
    SO... My guess is they have read this post. Probably screwed myself. Anyway, they are closed for the day and don't reopen until Weds. They didn't give me an update and by the time Weds comes around it will be day 20. FUN!

I'd say regardless if he reads it or not, if he has an inkling of business ethics, he will take care of you. If he's a fly by night entity then he could care less the end result.

Day 20 and a pallet of cerakote later because of your custom one off -sponge accessories, it should come back free and with a apology at the least.

Don't fret, You haven't named any shady characters or businesses. You simply asked a question you thought was suspect and got quality feedback confirming your thoughts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    SO... My guess is they have read this post. Probably screwed myself.
    Well, if they're reading this thread, and if they're smart, they have a chance to show that they stand by their word. Or, explain why they won't honor their advertisement or what really went wrong. If they screw you over, as a public service let us know who the vendor is so others know to avoid them.

Feedback Score
    So I just got an update. My gun will not be painted for free because AGAIN I am told that my rifle soaked up so much paint that they had no idea how much they would need to complete the job. I was told via email,

"Regarding the money back guarantee, as I said on the voicemail, your one gun used up an entire unopened bottle of paint that should have covered at least 6 guns. We ordered more paint as soon as it became obvious that the one bottle wouldn't be enough, but in a typical situation the one bottle would have been more than enough to meet the guaranteed turnaround time, even with the steps necessary to ensure the gun fired properly".

I'm told that the paint just came in today and I will have it back by the weekend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So I just got an update. My gun will not be painted for free because AGAIN I am told that my rifle soaked up so much paint that they had no idea how much they would need to complete the job. I was told via email,

"Regarding the money back guarantee, as I said on the voicemail, your one gun used up an entire unopened bottle of paint that should have covered at least 6 guns. We ordered more paint as soon as it became obvious that the one bottle wouldn't be enough, but in a typical situation the one bottle would have been more than enough to meet the guaranteed turnaround time, even with the steps necessary to ensure the gun fired properly".

I'm told that the paint just came in today and I will have it back by the weekend.
    BS.

I don't normally call BS, but "Your rifle soaked up more paint that would be enough for 6 guns..." Okay.... You're a 'skilled applicator' and didn't know this would happen before you took the work AND gave out that time guarantee...

No, they're pulling you around. I would contest the charge when you get it back, let them explain their agreement to the card company.

Or better yet!

Tell them not to touch it anymnore. Send it back, that you won't be paying them a dollar and will contest any charges. See how much paint your rifle has really "Sucked Up" in it's exact status now... Call them on their BS.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 08-16-17 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I wouldn't give them a dime of my money. If you haven't paid yet, don't. If you have, contest the charges as stated above.

Feedback Score
    THIS IS FYI - they say, "to ensure the gun fired properly" is because the handguard was loose when I brought it in and I told them to take a look. I haven't seen it yet but they say they had to, "The lack of gas tube meant that one had to be fabricated (that's why your forend would spin freely - there wasn't anything holding it in place)".

Which I have already contacted CMMG and they said the only way it could spin would be if the barrel nut was loose. I think they said they are not charging for the fabrication, but their communication sucks. The fore grip came loose when I was changing the flash suppressor as I was already walking out the door because an appointment at the VA. I'm guessing my dumb ass loosened the nut when I was trying to rush. It will be fun to see what their "Fabrication" is and exactly what they did to my rifle.
    Last edited by Yman; 08-16-17 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    THIS IS FY - they say, "to ensure the gun fired properly" is because the handguard was loose when I brought it in. I haven't seen it yet but they say they had to, "The lack of gas tube meant that one had to be fabricated (that's why your forend would spin freely - there wasn't anything holding it in place)".

Which I have already contacted CMMG and they said the only way it could spin would be if the barrel nut was loose. I think they said they are not charging for the fabrication, but their communication sucks. The fore grip came loose when I was changing the flash suppressor as I was already walking out the door because an appointment at the VA. I'm guessing my dumb ass loosened the nut when I was trying to rush. It will be fun to see what their "Fabrication is".
    Wait, wait, wait.
    They are saying they had to fabricate a gas tube? What in the ****?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Wait, wait, wait.
    They are saying they had to fabricate a gas tube? What in the ****?
    I know, I am very worried! If they would have mentioned the word fabrication before just doing it, I would have said Hell NO!
    Last edited by Yman; 08-16-17 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know, I am very worried! If they would have mentioned the word fabrication before just doing it, I would have said Hell NO!
    I'd be going down there demanding to see the gun. At this point I'd be worried about them mucking with it. A place doing mods without asking is up there with shady car dealer shit. If they say you can't see it, raise hell. If they tell you they don't know where it at threaten to report it stolen. I'd also be threatening reports to the BBB. Shit is not on the up an up as far as I can see at this point and my gut is saying they are lying to you.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I'd be going down there demanding to see the gun. At this point I'd be worried about them mucking with it. A place doing mods without asking is up there with shady car dealer shit. If they say you can't see it, raise hell. If they tell you they don't know where it at threaten to report it stolen. I'd also be threatening reports to the BBB. Shit is not on the up an up as far as I can see at this point and my gut is saying they are lying to you.
    I was going to say. If it's a local shop, tell them they need to get you your firearm promptly or you'll be contacting the ATF about a stolen firearm.

No joke, fabricate a gas tube. They are fu**ing with you... BADLY. Probably many, many others too. Aboslute bull crap.

Did the gun shoot before you brought it to them? If so, there was no Missing Gas Tube...

And by promptly, it means while you stand there waiting for it to be returned to you. Don't let them BS you into: "Well, it's at the warehouse." Cool, get one of your workers to get it. Now. Clearly some effed up crap going on with this place. Please release their name so we know to avoid them like the plague. Also, give them the link to this page when all is said and done.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 08-16-17 at 12:44.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast