Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Sheep Dog Complaint

Feedback Score
    I'd be interested to know the "professional" company behind this spectacle of service. I stumbled across a thread on Arfcom that was dedicated solely to one cerakote dealer that was giving tons of customers the same type of stories. One of the mods actually started a thread specifically to catalog all the members still waiting on their orders. Just wonder if it's the same guys.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score

Plastic absorbing Cerakote???

Go. Get. The. Gun.

ETA...

Just to be clear, your rifle is a standard AR config, with a .22LR conversion? No weird .22 in a plastic "AR chassis"?

Not even sure it would matter, just want to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 08-16-17 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Go. Get. The. Gun.

ETA...

Just to be clear, your rifle is a standard AR config, with a .22LR conversion? No weird .22 in a plastic "AR chassis"?

Not even sure it would matter, just want to clarify.
    Here is the exact upper from CMMG - https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/upper-group-mk4le-22lr/
    Here is the exact lower from PSA - http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...-magazine.html

The plastic parts are no different than anything else on the 8 AR's I have built outside of the military. If the dust cover were closed, I doubt there is a way to tell it is a conversion. The bolt in the rifle is all metal.

The last email I received from this company was not a solid no.

"Regarding the money back guarantee, as I said on the voicemail, your one gun used up an entire unopened bottle of paint that should have covered at least 6 guns. We ordered more paint as soon as it became obvious that the one bottle wouldn't be enough, but in a typical situation the one bottle would have been more than enough to meet the guaranteed turnaround time, even with the steps necessary to ensure the gun fired properly".

To me what they just said is a no, but I want to make sure. The moment I hear a firm No from them, I will release their name. Yesterday I asked, "Your not charging for the paint or the fabrication?"
    Last edited by Yman; 08-17-17 at 08:14.

Feedback Score
    For people recommending BBB: they aren't a government agency, and have no power. They're basically Yelp for old people. As with Yelp, they try to extort businesses in order to remove negative reviews.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That sure looks like a standard upper to me... With standard Carbine handguards...

I dunno. Must be missing something bubba, errr, this shop saw.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Hmm. Only thing I can think of is them bending a metal rod to replace what would have been a gas tube. But, I am not sure if not having one would cause rotation of the handguards. But, still. Why not just put in a cheap gas tube instead of charge you to fabricate one? I dunno, just doesn't make a whole lotta sense from the outside perspective.

Maybe others will have better insight. I hope the best for you nonetheless, no matter what route you choose.

ETA: Just to clarify, I just looked at my upper, and my handguards have anti-rotation tabs on them to avoid spinning by holding against the end cap. Not sure mine is unique or CMMG is, but, YMMV.
    I'm completely ignorant of the 22 uppers but on mock-dissipators (midlength gas under a rifle length handguard) the handguard retainer is often held in place and kept from spinning by a roll-pin or something similar that's been tapped into the FSB where the gas-tube would normally go. (The handguard retainer has a hole in it that lines up with that so that it wont freely spin around the barrel.)

Perhaps they were monkeying around with whatever was keeping the handguard retainer in place and just very poorly described what they were attempting to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yman View Post
    Here is the exact upper from CMMG - https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/upper-group-mk4le-22lr/
    Here is the exact lower from PSA - http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...-magazine.html

The plastic parts are no different than anything else on the 8 AR's I have built outside of the military. If the dust cover were closed, I doubt there is a way to tell it is a conversion. The bolt in the rifle is all metal.

The last email I received from this company was not a solid no.

"Regarding the money back guarantee, as I said on the voicemail, your one gun used up an entire unopened bottle of paint that should have covered at least 6 guns. We ordered more paint as soon as it became obvious that the one bottle wouldn't be enough, but in a typical situation the one bottle would have been more than enough to meet the guaranteed turnaround time, even with the steps necessary to ensure the gun fired properly".

To me what they just said is a no, but I want to make sure. The moment I hear a firm No from them, I will release their name. Yesterday I asked, "Your not charging for the paint or the fabrication?"
    I don't know why, but I was under the impression you were new to ARs. Hell, if you've built 8 of them, then you know what's "what", lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I don't know why, but I was under the impression you were new to ARs. Hell, if you've built 8 of them, then you know what's "what", lol.
    I'm just used to keeping things in the simplest form so there is no misinterpretation. I have never had anything painted and would have never even given it a second thought without the offer they made. I'm good with black, and my wife and I really did this only as an inside joke because we have our own range and no one would ever see it.

Feedback Score
    I have to wonder what paint (a mixture of pigments, plastic and solvents) is doing to the plastic furniture it is "soaking" into. I can't imagine it would be chemically good for the plastic, and wonder what happens to all of the stuff that soaked into the plastic when you heat it up to 250° to cure. I would think it would make the plastic denatured and brittle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There is no way the plastic is absorbing that much paint. The only way that it's taking so much paint is because the paint is incompatible with the surface being painted. In this case, that means the surface had contaminants from being improperly or incorrectly prepped. That's on the shop, not you.

They're giving you the run-arounds. By not taking ownership of the problem, they are being unprofessional and unethical
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast