Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Sheep Dog Complaint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yman View Post
    With the responses I am getting I will request that they honor their own words. If they try to get away with offering me the same excuse, I will pull a print out of this discussion out of my back pocket and then see what they have to say.

I was told it was completely disassembled, but they say their warehouse is 30 minutes away from the business and it may be in a location they want to keep secret, so I doubt they will let me see the progress they have made without it becoming a big deal. They may read this forum, but I don't want them to think that I am questioning their work until the rifle is completed.

They are not an Authorized Cerakote applicator, however they do make claims that they are experts... Their regular prices are well over the local authorized dealers. They claim, "Not all Cerakote sprayers are created equal. That’s why we’ve created a FREE report you can use to Discover the Top 3 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Cerakote Expert".

I also contacted Cerakote to see if they can also tell me what they think, but I don't know if they would want to get involved. Hopefully they will want to make sure no one is talking crap about their product.
    Not gonna lie...that sounds pretty sketchy bro.

I'm a manufacturing manager for a large publicly traded company. We don't keep customers out of the process. Sure NDAs may be involved with proprietary stuff, but "secret locations"?

I suppose if they have an unsecured place with inventory...maybe. But "secret location" SCREAMS the local certified cerakote shop, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Not gonna lie...that sounds pretty sketchy bro.

I'm a manufacturing manager for a large publicly traded company. We don't keep customers out of the process. Sure NDAs may be involved with proprietary stuff, but "secret locations"?

I suppose if they have an unsecured place with inventory...maybe. But "secret location" SCREAMS the local certified cerakote shop, lol.

Reading the OPs comment, I'm not sure the shop actually alleged it was a "secret location". It seems that word usage was a liberty taken by the OP; only to explain why he though he may not be able to just swing by and check it out. It doesn't appear he'd even inquired about stopping by to check the progress.

My guess is the shop told him that they do the Cerakote treatments offsite. Maybe even stating it was someplace like a warehouse that's not open to consumers or the public. Still, I agree something seems off here; that OP is not getting the full story. I do also agree, regardless of if the shop actually said "secret location", that doing it offsite could indicate that a 3rd Party is handling the work.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Reading the OPs comment, I'm not sure the shop actually alleged it was a "secret location". It seems that word usage was a liberty taken by the OP; only to explain why he though he may not be able to just swing by and check it out. It doesn't appear he'd even inquired about stopping by to check the progress.

My guess is the shop told him that they do the Cerakote treatments offsite. Maybe even stating it was someplace like a warehouse that's not open to consumers or the public. Still, I agree something seems off here; that OP is not getting the full story. I do also agree, regardless of if the shop actually said "secret location", that doing it offsite could indicate that a 3rd Party is handling the work.
    Especially given the fact they are more expensive than the local cerakote shops.

Feedback Score
    Everybody makes mistakes, how they deal with them determines what I think of the business.

If they're lying to you, that's not a good thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Especially given the fact they are more expensive than the local cerakote shops.

Agreed.

If the OP wanted to go all super sleuth, he may be able to figure out who the 3rd party is. Use the authorized Cerakote finder on the NIC website, to do a search for certified applicators within 30 minutes of the gunshop. That's assuming that it is a 3rd party doing the work, and that said 3rd party is certified.

Probably not worth the time, and I'm not sure what good that information would do. Just a thought.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for any confusion, I definitely did not want to imply that they have a "secret location". I only assumed that because 20 minutes before they closed at 6pm on the deadline date, I was told I could pick it up 30 mins after it left the warehouse where the work was done and I wasn't given the opportunity to pick it up at the warehouse which could have possible gotten it to me sooner.

I received this reply from Cerakote, "That does sound a bit odd. The plastic parts on an AR-15 should not use or soak up any more Cerakote Coating than any other parts such as aluminum or steel parts.* 4oz is enough to do a complete AR-15".

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    You really don't need to print a copy of anything from this forum. That's just going to tell them (right or wrong) that you're unsure of yourself.

If you feel like you need to tell them something just tell them you've been in contact with cerakote and that you know your rifle didn't 'soak up more paint.'
    They're either incompetent or dishonest (or perhaps both.)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Top 3 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Cerakote Expert".
    #1 - They have no clue how much product they need to do the job.

#2 - It takes them over a week to figure out that they have no clue.

#3 - They don't don't have the product they need in stock to do the job.
    #blackgunsmatter
    DDM4V5
    BCM upper/ BCM lower build - BCM UR, 14.5" LW barrel, bcg, kmr-a rail,
    Geissele G2S, BAD ambi safety, Magpul stock.

Feedback Score
    SO... My guess is they have read this post. Probably screwed myself. Anyway, they are closed for the day and don't reopen until Weds. They didn't give me an update and by the time Weds comes around it will be day 20. FUN!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They claim, "Not all Cerakote sprayers are created equal. That’s why we’ve created a FREE report you can use to Discover the Top 3 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Cerakote Expert".
    Can you post this FREE report so I can discover the Top 3 Mistakes to avoid when choosing a Cerakote Expert? Thanks in advance

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast