Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK45C vs. HK USP Compact---Pros/Cons Your Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

HK45C vs. HK USP Compact---Pros/Cons Your Experience

Any experience in regards to these 2 pistols mainly as a CCW. Most likely will be carried AIWB.

Is one more beneficial than the other? Ergos, durability, concealability etc.?

Those who have both, what's your preference and why?

Feedback Score
    Not an exact comparison but I found my P2000 (more rounded like the HK45C) to be slightly more comfortable to carry IWB than the USPc I had. The grip texture is a bit easier on bare skin too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I can only add that the HK45C in da/sa trigger is one of the best HK triggers. I don't know why, I have the HK45, P30l etc, and I confirmed with others that there is something about the 45c trigger. It's not great , but better than most HK combat triggers, their target pistols are a different story. But try the trigger for yourself.

It does conceal well, but I don't own the USP to compare.

Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    the HK45C is the updated version of the USP/USPC line. So sights and light options are more plentiful for the HK45C. My preference would be Light LEM or Variant 9 for trigger Ergos are going to be personal preference.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ergos on the 45C are what sold me. The USP is classic, but style's gotta give way to objective improvement.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For me, with and OWB Phantom holster at the 4-5 o'clock postion, the USPc prints significantly unless I really fuss with precise alignment, belt tightness, and proper layering of outer wear. The 45c carries like a G19 for me, in that I can carry it with minimal printing OWB with an outer shirt, or a large untucked polo. I don't have IWB/AIWB holsters for either HK but I think the 45c would be fine as AIWB since I carry the G19 that way without printing...with the USPc I feel the grip length and shape could cause some issues with concealment and possibly snagging the shirt. I am tall, not lanky, but no gut...YMMV.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    the HK45C is the updated version of the USP/USPC line. So sights and light options are more plentiful for the HK45C. My preference would be Light LEM or Variant 9 for trigger Ergos are going to be personal preference.
    Sights maybe, Lights are actually more limited on the 45C. The rail notch is too short to fit x300 class lights. With the Use of a GG&G adapter on the USP 45c you can mount the full size lights along with the other lights that fit the 45C.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I did not know this about the HK45C in regards to the SF lights. I durrently run the SC 300 for all my weapon/pistol lights.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Sights maybe, Lights are actually more limited on the 45C. The rail notch is too short to fit x300 class lights. With the Use of a GG&G adapter on the USP 45c you can mount the full size lights along with the other lights that fit the 45C.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I finally handled one two weeks ago while picking up another big low capacity 45. The compact is chunky but handles well and I am a big fan of paddles, the best invention in handguns in many years. It looks to be bullet proof.

I have never fired the HK compact 9 mm, or any HK other than a buddy's FDO USP LEM. but at least in function I think the double action is smooth and workable, and the SA is decent. Not sure I understand all the ragging on HK triggers.
    Last edited by m4brian; 08-22-17 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In my experience (sample size of 2) the out of the box triggers on the HK45C are some of the better DA/SA they put out. All my other HKs (P2K, USPc, P30SK) were much worse out of the box, particularly the DA which I found to be heavy, a bit rough, and stacky. I usually add the nickel sear spring and that smooths them out a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast