Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK45C vs. HK USP Compact---Pros/Cons Your Experience

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a USP c .45 back in '98-'99. Mine wasn't reliable with extraction issues and the 8 round mag would not seat slide down, full mag. I sent it back to HK twice and then sold it. My other HK's were reliable and accurate with lousy triggers. Yet, I still like HKs and will probably have a VP9 someday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    the HK45C is the updated version of the USP/USPC line. So sights and light options are more plentiful for the HK45C. My preference would be Light LEM or Variant 9 for trigger Ergos are going to be personal preference.
    Sights maybe, Lights are actually more limited on the 45C. The rail notch is too short to fit x300 class lights. With the Use of a GG&G adapter on the USP 45c you can mount the full size lights along with the other lights that fit the 45C.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by davidjinks; 01-16-19 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I did not know this about the HK45C in regards to the SF lights. I durrently run the SC 300 for all my weapon/pistol lights.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Sights maybe, Lights are actually more limited on the 45C. The rail notch is too short to fit x300 class lights. With the Use of a GG&G adapter on the USP 45c you can mount the full size lights along with the other lights that fit the 45C.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I prefer the safety lever on the USP as well as the grip texture on the USP.

I prefer the magazine release on the HK45C over that on the USP. Reading up on changing them I've read about a 50/50 pros/cons. Some have had issues with it and some have not. I would think the real issue would be using that magazine release on the USP full size with polymer magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    The HK45C is just a modernized version of the USP 45C. They are virtually the same size, but the HK45C has a slightly more trim slide when compared to the USP 45C, plus front slide serrations. They both take the same magazines, and the grip texture on the USP is far superior to the HK45C. The HK45C has a superior mag release paddle as it is larger and easier to manipulate, however the 45C mag release can be purchased separately and easily installed on the USP 45C. I find the safety/decocker on the USP to be better as it is lower profile, but my HK45C is in the LEM configuration so it's a non issue for me. Like others have said, it's personal preference, and you would be well served by either version.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You can mount the Streamlight TLR-3 on the the HK45C but that's about it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I prefer the safety lever on the USP as well as the grip texture on the USP.

I prefer the magazine release on the HK45C over that on the USP. Reading up on changing them I've read about a 50/50 pros/cons. Some have had issues with it and some have not. I would think the real issue would be using that magazine release on the USP full size with polymer magazines.
    I installed the hk45 mag release on my uspc45, no issues. It was like $8 from hk.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Have you run into any issues with holsters?

If using kydex, was there any figment issues with the slightly larger magazine release? Any issues with the holster inadvertently engaging the mag release?

Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I installed the hk45 mag release on my uspc45, no issues. It was like $8 from hk.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Have you run into any issues with holsters?

If using kydex, was there any figment issues with the slightly larger magazine release? Any issues with the holster inadvertently engaging the mag release?
    I haven't ordered a holster yet.
    I'm a leather lover, and to be honest I hadn't thought about the holster fit concern.

Feedback Score
    I own both the USP 45Compact and the HK 45C. In my opinion, they are nearly identical pistols. I've found both to be very accurate and reliable.

As a CCW gun, particularly, I would lean towards the USP 45 Compact for two reasons. First, the bobbed hammer, and second the more aggressive grip texture. That grip texture really keeps the pistol in your hand. Which is one of my few gripes with the 45C model.

To conclude, either model should serve you well. However, personally I would be looking at one of the sub-compact models like the P2000 SK for a CCW piece. Way easier to conceal. The HK 45 compact models are large and heavy pistols compared to the smaller sub-compact models.

If it was for a duty gun, plain clothes, then I would opt for the .45 over the sub-compact 9mm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast