Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK45C vs. HK USP Compact---Pros/Cons Your Experience

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Subcompacts and me never got along. Glocks, Sigs and H&K don't work with my hands.

I carry a G17 daily without issue. So moving from that to a USP Compact, IMHO, won't reallly be a detriment for my method of carry. Of course I'm going to attempt to change it up and go AIWB so I guess we will see.

2 things I really like about the USP line...grip texture and trigger. Lights don't go on my carry guns so the rail isn't a huge deal for me.

I greatly appreciate everyone's input so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    I own both the USP 45Compact and the HK 45C. In my opinion, they are nearly identical pistols. I've found both to be very accurate and reliable.

As a CCW gun, particularly, I would lean towards the USP 45 Compact for two reasons. First, the bobbed hammer, and second the more aggressive grip texture. That grip texture really keeps the pistol in your hand. Which is one of my few gripes with the 45C model.

To conclude, either model should serve you well. However, personally I would be looking at one of the sub-compact models like the P2000 SK for a CCW piece. Way easier to conceal. The HK 45 compact models are large and heavy pistols compared to the smaller sub-compact models.

If it was for a duty gun, plain clothes, then I would opt for the .45 over the sub-compact 9mm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had both and sold them both. I disliked them for the same reason and don't know why I tried the HK45c years after having no liked the USP45c.

I thought it was a big gun for a compact, and it only held 8 rounds, seemed low for the guns size. I was also a Glock guy and ended up not loving DA/SA gun. Ultimately this was subjective.

Both were great guns. The HK45c was meant to me an incremental improvement over the USP and it was. It felt a little better in the hand, it has the MK23 barrel O-Ring for accuracy. While still big, it was a little less blocky then the USP. If I was going to get one again it would be the HK45c.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I have both, love both. The HK45c better ergonomics, but the grip feels too slick, but you can stipple, or get some grip tape that is designed for it. I also like that it comes with the pic rail for your light.
    The USP 45 compact feels smaller to me even though they are just about identical in dimensions.
    Both of mine have the light lem trigger.
    If I could only keep one I'd take the HK45C.

Feedback Score
    I've had both and kept the hk45c. I like the grip shape slightly better,the safety shape and the aesthetics quite a bit more. The ambi slide stop is a nice addition too.

Feedback Score
    In regards to ergos, put them in your hand. If you can fire them even better. I shit you not, for some reason I can shoot my .40sw USP better than my p30 in .40sw, both the single/double configuration, even though the p30 feels better in the hand. Go figure. But there is something to be said about ergos, and you'll maybe be more likely to reach for a better ergo gun to shoot at the range, and maybe more likely to train with it, and ultimately be more proficient with it, than a pistol you hate shooting. Also, if you plan on DIY mods to change to the different variants and trigger groups, the USP is definitely easier, and also more options.

Now the HK45C is a sweet shooter, and in the Light LEM configuration (or even the Todd Greene configuration) I think the trigger is just sweet.

Feedback Score
    My first HK was a USPc in .40. Loved the gun, but have never been fond of the .40 (just seems pointless to me) so I sold the USPc to "upgrade" to an HK45c. Loved the HK45c...with two exceptions: one was the grips (I always thought grips similar to the P30/VP9 would have been an improvement) and the second was size vs. capacity. The gun simply seemed too large for only 8+1 capacity. I guess you could say it was a "love-hate" relationship. I eventually sold the HK45c as well, and still experience seller's regret despite the fact that I always found reasons not to carry the HK45c. I'd love to have another USPc in 9mm, but until then I'll stick to the P30, VP9, and VP9sk.
    Last edited by Parabellum147; 08-08-17 at 12:42.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have had a lot of them and the only one I miss is the usp compact with the lem trigger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I finally handled one two weeks ago while picking up another big low capacity 45. The compact is chunky but handles well and I am a big fan of paddles, the best invention in handguns in many years. It looks to be bullet proof.

I have never fired the HK compact 9 mm, or any HK other than a buddy's FDO USP LEM. but at least in function I think the double action is smooth and workable, and the SA is decent. Not sure I understand all the ragging on HK triggers.
    Last edited by m4brian; 08-22-17 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In my experience (sample size of 2) the out of the box triggers on the HK45C are some of the better DA/SA they put out. All my other HKs (P2K, USPc, P30SK) were much worse out of the box, particularly the DA which I found to be heavy, a bit rough, and stacky. I usually add the nickel sear spring and that smooths them out a bit.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I hit the local gun store up again last weekend.

Comparing the triggers side by side, the HK45C definitely has the better DA trigger. SA was a wash.

Of course that was with my MK1 MOD0 finger gauge.

The one thing that is pushing me away from the HK45C is the rear grip panel. The small was installed and I've had hands on with a medium sized one. That grip sits weird in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    In my experience (sample size of 2) the out of the box triggers on the HK45C are some of the better DA/SA they put out. All my other HKs (P2K, USPc, P30SK) were much worse out of the box, particularly the DA which I found to be heavy, a bit rough, and stacky. I usually add the nickel sear spring and that smooths them out a bit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast