Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bear defense pistols practical shooting test

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G woody View Post
    Just curious, do you guys have a Sat. phone with you on these hunts ?? I agree with your choice of a sidearm.
    Hi Woody,

Yep. Always carry my sat phone and solar panel charger. We also carry personal locator beacons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm still leaning toward OPs conclusion 10mm may the sweet spot between bullet weight, shots on target, capacity, recoil, etc. unless as he points out, someone has sufficient skills with a big bore wheel gun. I don't.
    I've always wanted a 10mm since I first saw the Colt Delta Elite back in the day. No one will ever know just how close this came to being my duty weapon back in 1989 when I transitioned from a wheel gun to an auto. I ended up going with the Sig P226 9mm.. Fast forward to this month...

Before this month and the big Sig P320 disaster, I new little about Glocks, and even that much less about the Glock 20. Since my P320 has been bricked for an undetermined amount of time, I really started looking at Glocks. Thanks to this thread, I really started looking at the Glocks in .357 Sig and 10mm..

Must be my lucky day. I found a very good deal on a Gen-4 Glock 20. It has night sights and came with 5 mags..

I went straight to the range... So, it bucks like a mule with a bad STD, but it still more tame than my 629 v-comp. This darn sure isn't a 9mm , .45 or even a .40.. It really lets you know that you are sending serious kinetic energy downrange. I can't shoot it as fast as I can my P229 in .357 Sig, but it is controllable. It's pretty darn accurate also. It's BIG, and has a decently long sight radius. I can't wait to take it out to the hills and try some longer distance shooting with it.

It only took about 30 years, but I finally got me a 10mm!!! THANK YOU Alaskapopo for all of the great information. There are no brown bears in my AO, but I do travel to Grizzly country a few times a year, and hope to do an expedition in AK in the next two years. For now, this will still make a great camping and road trip weapon. Unlike my $1400 S&W v-comp, I won't cry if I drop this in the dirt. Better yet, if I do drop it in the dirt, it won't go off like my Sig P320 might.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456