Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What 9mm barrel to use?

Feedback Score
    I use 10.5" Rock River Arms barrel for my 9mm AR upper. I like having the full carbine-length sight radius actually.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    What length are we talking here? I currently have the new 4.5" Ballistic Advantages for a build and the 8" CMMG. I bought the 8" CMMG upper used off here and the previous owner said it was good to go, and that echos what others have said. I generally think Ballistic Advantage and Faxon offer the best value on 9MM barrels, but I also know CMMG and several others have been around a long time.
    16". Do you shoot reloads or factory?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Friend has a 5" ADCO barrel he almost exclusively runs reloads through. No problems so far.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prickett View Post
    16". Do you shoot reloads or factory?
    I have shot both through a 16" barrel, but I don't own an AR9 16" upper currently. At 16" you have lots of options, but I'd jump on the Faxon one right now given the price http://faxonfirearms.com/16-taper-9m...back-4150-qpq/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Friend has a 5" ADCO barrel he almost exclusively runs reloads through. No problems so far.
    Adco is another one I hear only good things about. I have used them for services to one of my uppers, but never their barrels. However I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IraqVet1982 View Post
    Now that you mention it, it's a Kaw Valley not Faxon. But I think they're one in the same. I did have issues with powder coated Lee 356-125-2R cast bullets. However I also had issues with those in my semi auto pistols so I wasn't that worried. I loaded 1000rds of plated 115gr and never had a problem. Also no issues with mil issued 9mm ammo.

Spinta was built for a friend, I asked him how it was going and he didn't have any issues. He's a huge reloader so I suspect all his rounds were reloads as well.

What bullets are you using?

I'd check for setback. I was experiencing that with those 356-125-2R Boolits.
    We ran the 9mm chamber to max SAAMI specification. Turns out the ammo guys don't follow SAAMI...

Anywho, the chambers have since been modified. If anyone has any issues, we're happy to help.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    http://www.spintaprecision.com/sale/?sort=priceasc

Some blems for dirt cheap there.

Feedback Score
    I like the Faxon Barrel for 9mm
    When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws shall enjoy freedom.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prickett View Post
    Do you shoot reloads through yours?
    No reloads, but from 115 to 147 gr... no issues.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    Just curious, have you used any of their products? I'm not familiar with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast