Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Between Suppressors and Barrel Length - 10.3"/11.5"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Ive shot thousands of rounds of 5.56 suppressed without ear pro and my hearing hasn't been effected at all (per annual army testing).

Rick
    The government can't run the DMV but you trust the Army results about your hearing? Hearing damage is cumulative and usually doesn't present until much later in life, mid 50s and later.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hate overly long and heavy rifles but an 11.5 with a relatively compact full size can (like the KAC QDC or Surefire RC) works just fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    The government can't run the DMV but you trust the Army results about your hearing? Hearing damage is cumulative and usually doesn't present until much later in life, mid 50s and later.
    Thank you for your wisdom on the quality of government institutions. However the test is standardized and my results are the same regardless of the tester or test location. That is not to say that my case proves anything, except for provides a data point for performance of the SOCOM RC (and RC2) cans in outdoor environments for me personally.

Rick

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Thank you for your wisdom on the quality of government institutions. However the test is standardized and my results are the same regardless of the tester or test location. That is not to say that my case proves anything, except for provides a data point for performance of the SOCOM RC (and RC2) cans in outdoor environments for me personally.

Rick
    Regardless, I wouldn't call the any suppressed 556 i've shot "quiet." It's more like "tolerable." The crack is loud no matter how long your can is. It's still 1,000,000x better than no can though.

If you haven't purchased yet, you might consider changing your options to 12.5" with mini can or 10.3 with full size can. 11.5" with mini can is cool, but not something I would want as my only option. Something i would definitely run if i had an 11.5 and a mini can, but only if I also had a full size can with the same mount.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    +10.......I'm experiencing the effects now after shooting for the past 48 years. I can't stress enough the importance of wearing 32-33DB reduction muffs + ear plugs, even when shooting suppressed.
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 08-01-17 at 11:04.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So much EFFING BS with "muh ears don't ring. It's safe!"

1. Go with the 11.5", it shoots a little bit nicer, imo, I have had almost all barrel lengths and stopped at 11.5"

2. You don't need an adjustable gas block with DI 556, but it really helps. Just consider dedicating the can to the gun and tuning the gas for it. A5 + adjustable gas is my favorite.

3. THERE ARE NO 556 SEMI GUNS THAT ARE HEARING SAFE WITH ANY CAN. F U. THERE ARE ZERO. NO, YOUR XYZ CAN ISN'T 30DB. THEY ARE ALL 140db+ AT THE EAR. EVERY ONE OF THEM. Don't believe me, find a video that AT EAR tests with a meter and shows under 140db, can't be done. Any mfg pushing db numbers on their 556 can as a first bullet point - or people shopping for them in terms of sound reduction being most important are misguided at best.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would pass on Surefire cans. There are better options for less money.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I would pass on Surefire cans. There are better options for less money.
    What has drawn you to this conclusion?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    What has drawn you to this conclusion?
    Shooting QD cans that cost less with the same/better performance and don't get stuck on the mount.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Shooting QD cans that cost less with the same/better performance and don't get stuck on the mount.
    I have both Surefire and Silencer Company cans. If I add more they will be Silencer Company.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast